𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter thirty eight. born into bad news.

Maxine puts her gun in her holster and walks to her front door hearing someone knock and when she opens it she sighs

Maxine puts her gun in her holster and walks to her front door hearing someone knock and when she opens it she sighs. "What are you doing here?"

"You haven't been answering my calls"

"That's usually a sign to some people"

"Maxine, you've been distant ever since Nadia died. I haven't seen you in a month"

"I've been busy with work"

"So have I, but at least I try"

Maxine scoffs, "try? I just lost someone very important to me in a very horrific way."

Maverick cups the girls cheeks, "I know that. I want you to talk to me. This isn't you, Maxine"

Maxine steps back, "Yeah, well, things change"

"There's something else going on"

Maxine looks up at the taller man, "what?"

"I know you, Maxine. Please just talk to me"

"I have to go to work" Maxine said, shutting the door in Mavericks face, who sighs.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine walks through the rollup, fixing the strap of her duffle, when she hears, "Maxie!"

Maxine turns around to see her best friend, smiling and says, "what's up?"

"I need to talk to you about something"

"Can it wait?"

"No, not really. I really want to tell you"

"We're late, Adam. Tell me later" she says, walking up the staircase and Adam sighs.

~~~

"Alright, here's the deal. Commanders nephew's caught up with some bad police out in Jackson Park" Hank says, then points to the top left picture on the whiteboard, "This is Sergeant Dave Roland and his narcotics unit. Over the past year they've been ripping off drug dealers in their jurisdiction. Until last week, when they crossed into our backyard, robbed a stash house for 200k"