𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter seventeen. get my cigarettes.

Maxine and Erin sit at their desks, scrolling through their computers as Adam says, "All I'm saying, Jay, is you got a target on your back and you don't seem all that fazed" as he, Jay, Mickey, Antonio and Al leave the break room

"Overseas my unit and I, we always had a bounty on us" Jay answers.

"Always" Mickey states.

"Most gangs only pay 10g for a cop. If you're really worth 100,000, I should take you out myself and pay off my mortgage" Antonio jokes.

"Try it" jay jokes.

"Coke dealer one time put a million dollar tag on me and Voight" Al says. Jay sits at his desk and says, "what?"

"How'd you handle that?" Ruzek asks, as Max starts pulling at the rubber band around her wrist, which Jay noticed.

"Well, you dust yourself. Never go home the same way twice. Run red lights and if a car follows you through one, you chamber a round and you handle business"

"Alright" Adam says, taking a bite from his spoonful of yogurt.

"This is Billy Fagen" Voight says, leaving his office and tapes a picture onto the board, "small time hood. Had ties to a local outfit. I've run into him a couple times." Then he tapes another picture right next to the other one, "this is Billy Fagen seven hours ago. Organized crime found him. Dollar bill pinned to his chest. They looked into the Serbians, cartels, coming up empty"

"We taking this from organized crime because he was your poker buddy?" Erin asks, making Max's eyes go wide with shock. Hank ignores Erin and says, "start searching out to your CI's" then he looks at Erin, "you got a sec?" and the two go into his office.

Jay rolls his desk chair over to his partner, who was still pulling at the rubber band and asks, "you okay?"

Max had suddenly stopped playing with the rubber band and says, "Huh? Yeah." then she gets up from her desk, walking over to Adam and grabs his hand, and drags him into the locker room.

"Hey, I'm not finished with my yogurt yet" Adam whines. Max grabs the yogurt, finishing it for him, then throws the cup away, "now you are"

"What the hell. The was the last berry one"

"Adam, who cares about the freakin yogurt"