𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter thirty seven. push the pain away.

Maxine sits at her desk, staring a hole into Voights door

Maxine sits at her desk, staring a hole into Voights door. Jay slides his chair over to his partner and says, "Hey"

"What?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over tonight. Watch the game with me and my brother"

"I can't" she said as Voight leaves his office and walks into the break room.

"Max, what's wrong?" He asked and then his desk phone rang and he went to answer it. Voight leaves the break room, knowing Maxine had been watching him the whole time and turns towards her, "you wanna say something?"

"Multiple shots fired at LakeShore Sport and Fitness" Jay says, hanging up his desk phone and the team grabs their coats to leave.

🪩🪩🪩

The team gets out of their vehicles with their guns drawn, and Hank and Maxine head over to Antonio who is behind a patrol car.

"Responding officer says five victims so far. Last shot fired two minutes ago. Shooters could still be inside"

"How many?" Voight asks.

"No idea. Witnesses say they're wearing balaclavas and tac gear. SWAT and deputies are en route. Should I initiate plan four?"

"Yes, on my authority. Nobody can leave"

"Got it, Sarg"

~~~

After the Intelligence team clears the building, Maxine goes and talks with the security guard on duty.

"It was four shooters. I took a position on the guy behind. I discharged my weapon twice"

"Alright"

"He didn't fall. He swung his rifle on me. You ID the guy yet? Is he local?" The security guard asks.

"We're still working on it"

~~~

The Intelligence unit, plus other officers and techies from other departments are gathered into a mobile command center.

"At 8:23 a.m., four shooters entered the Lakeshore sport and fitness and started killing and we have four confirmed dead males and one female victim in surgery at Chicago Med" Dawson annonces.