𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter twenty eight. disco bob.

Maxine looks at the food in front of her, her fork twirling around the pasta

Maxine looks at the food in front of her, her fork twirling around the pasta. "Maxine"

"Huh" she said, looking up at her baby blues.

"Did you hear what I said?"

Maxine shakes her head, "no, I'm sorry"

"What's wrong?" He asked, taking a sip of his bourbon.

"Nothing, I just—um.." she says, wiping her mouth with the napkin and putting it on the table, "I met my sister the other night. For the first time"

Mavericks eyes grow wide, "Wow...Maxine. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. It was insane, though. Seeing my face on someone else"

"I bet"

"Can we go back to your place? I just wanna relax And you know.." she smiles. Maverick clears his throat, and looks around for the waitress.

Maxine grabs her phone from her bag and sees a text from Voight and she sighs. "Crap"

"Work?"

"I'm sorry" she said, getting up from the table, as the waitress dropped off the check.

"Well, at least let me drive you"

"You don't have too"

Maverick stands up and kisses the detectives cheek, "I'm gonna drive my girl to her crime scene and that's that"

Maxine laughs, "okay" she says, grabbing his hand, intertwining her fingers in his.

🪩🪩🪩

"Thank you for driving me" Maxine said, leaning in for a kiss. Maverick cups her cheeks, "Be safe"

"I will and I'm so glad I left some clothes in your car."

"Not on purpose though"

Maxine rolls her eyes, "shut up" she sasses, "it's okay I leave my dress and bag here?"

Maverick nods his head, "yeah"

"Cool" Maxine said, leaning in for one more kiss, "I'll call you later" then she gets out, securing her gun into its holster and walks over to where Hank and Al were.