𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter twenty seven. we don't work together anymore.

Maxine unloads her gun into the target that she and Jay went to for target practice

Maxine unloads her gun into the target that she and Jay went to for target practice. Jay takes off his ear covers and looks around the corner at his partner, "that's like what, your forth mag?"

"So?" She said, taking her ear covers off.

"You miss Mickey yet?"

"I'm fine. He wanted to get out, go back to the rangers. That was his decision"

"He was your first love, Max. It's okay"

Maxine turns towards her partner, "how do you know that?"

"Because when you sent him letters, he'd share some of them with me. So it's kinda like I've known you forever" Jay smiled. Maxine raises an eyebrow, "Hmm" then she goes to put her ear covers back on and reloads her gun.

🪩🪩🪩

Jay and Maxine walk into the lobby of the district and over to the front desk. "Hey Burgess, how you doing?" Max asked.

The officer nods her head, "good"

"Where's Platt?"

"She went out of patrol on with Roman. Wants me on light duty today" Kim says, grabbing a package of twizzlers to hand to the detective, "Platt wanted me to give you these"

Maxine smiles, "Thanks" then she and Jay walk away towards the caged door, "welcome back, Kim"

"can I get one?" Jay asks, as they walk onto the unit. Maxine shakes her head, "the day I share my twizzlers with you, Halstead is the day I tell you I love you"

Jay puts his hand over his heart, "you don't love me?" And Maxine rolls her eyes and nudges him.

Voight leaves his office with Al and says, "Let's roll"

🪩🪩🪩

"Our CI Kylie was supposed to alert us if anything went sideways. Best we got is that she tipped off Mendoza before we raided" Lang explains to the intelligence team, as they get caught up on the case, "We think they're still in Chicago, most likely liking for alternative means to move their cartel cash to Mexico"

"And that's where our unit..." Erin says then stops herself, "your unit, sorry, comes in. You guys know chicago. We need your help tracking down the key players in Mendoza's operation"