𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter fifty one. hit me.

"Here you go, ma'am" a waitress says, setting down a drink in front of Maxine who was playing black jack at a casino

"Thanks" Max says, before taking a sip of the amber liquid, then she looks up at the dealer, "hit me"

"Twenty one" she says.

"Yes!" Maxine smiles, as everyone at the table claps. Jay laughs and says, "This is unreal. Do you wanna take it up to the room?"

"Maybe later. I wanna go out" Max smiles then stands up from the table, "Gentleman. Lady" then she grabs all her chips to bring to the money booth to collect her winnings.

~~~

"Eight. Nine. Thousand" the lady says, handing Maxine the money she won. Max smiles and says, "Thank you" going to put her winnings into her purse, when she's stopped by one of the guards.

"Ma'am, you've had a nice night. I'd like to offer you a car home" the man says.

"Aw, that's so sweet. I'm actually okay to drive" Max says, then puts a 100 into the mans pocket and walks away into the lobby.

"Hey" Jay shouts, following Maxine, "Where you going?"

"The city" she smiles, "I want to spend some of this"

"You're gonna drive? How many whiskey's have you had? Seven?"

"Oh, now you're counting?"

"Yeah, when I'm dealing with a drunk, I count drinks" Jay says, earning a slap from Maxine.

"Find someone else who needs saving" she says, before walking away.

"You know what? Knock yourself out"

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine drives down the road, when she gets a call from Jay and ignores it. Then she looks up to see flashing lights behind her and pulls over.

"Do you know why I pulled you over?" the officer asks. Maxine shakes her head and says, "I have no idea, officer"

"You were swerving"

"Oh, um..I didn't realize"

"Coming from the casino?"