𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter twenty three. they'll have to go through me.
svu crossover

Jay opens the car door for Maxine and helps her out, who looks at the restaurant sign in awe

"Jay, this is a really nice Italian restaurant. Are you sure you wanna eat here?" Maxine asked, sliding her dress down a bit.

"I'm sure" he smiled, holding out his arm for her to take. Maxine wraps her arm around Jays as they walk inside the classy restaurant.

"Reservations?" The hostess asks.

"Two for Halstead"

The blonde woman looks through the big red book and looks up and smiles, "right this way"

"Are you sure you wanna be here, Jay? Seems expensive" Maxine says, as they follow the older woman to their table.

"Max, relax. It's okay. I promise"

On the other side of the room, sat Maverick at a table with a couple associates. He takes a sip of his bourbon and as he sets the glass down he looks up to see Maxine arm in arm with some guy, walking over to their table.

His hand grips around the glass, his knuckles turning white. Anger and jealousy running through his veins. He watches as she moves some of her hair over her shoulder and laughs and whatever joke that guy was telling her.

Maxine looks around, just people watching when her eyes fall upon his baby blues. The ones she's missed the past week. She watches as he gets up from his seat and walks towards the bathroom.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, Jay. I'll be right back" she said, getting up from the table and heads towards the bathroom.

Maxine looks around for her baby blues when she gets pulled into the men's room and pushed against the wall.

"Mav, what are you doing? There could be people in here"

"There's not" he says, locking the door. Maxine ghosts her fingers over his left eye, where there was a cut and still bruising that was healing, "what happened to your face?"

 Maxine ghosts her fingers over his left eye, where there was a cut and still bruising that was healing, "what happened to your face?"