𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter twenty. chicken, dynamite, chainsaw.

Maxine lifts up her shirt to change out the bandage on her abdomen

Maxine lifts up her shirt to change out the bandage on her abdomen. She shuts her eyes tightly, wincing in pain.

After changing out the bandage, Maxine looks in the mirror and just stares. She truly believed that she shouldn't be alive. She wanted to be with Joey.

After getting dressed, Maxine goes to grab a pair of socks and sees joeys gold watch on the dresser. She tears up, picking the watch up and puts it on. It might be a tad big but she didn't care, anything to be close to him again.

Maxine goes to grab her keys and opens the door, surprised to see who was behind it, "what are you doing here?"

"Told Adam I'd pick you up today"

Maxine closes the door behind them and starts to walk away. Jay catches up to the brunette, "Max, come on"

"I don't need to be looked after. I'm fine" Maxine says, as they walk down the stairs of her apartment building.

"We're just looking out for you. You've been through a lot. You lost someone close to you"

Maxine rolls her eyes as they walk out the front door and turns to face the freckled man, "god, jay. I'm not a child, I can take care of myself"

"I know"

"Then stop treating me like one!" her tone gets angrier.

"Angel...please"

Maxine scoffs, "don't call me that. You have no right" Then she walks over to her car that was parked next to the curb, unlocks it and gets in. Jay sighs.

🪩🪩🪩

Mickey and Erin walk onto the unit to see Hank in his office with three other people and Lindsay asks, "what's going on in there?"

Dawson leaves the break room with a cup of coffee and says, "Commander Fischer came in with Alderman Becks and his wife, then shut the door. Now you have all the information I have"

Erin walks over to Maxine, who was sitting at her desk, doing some paperwork and sits on the edge, "what are you doing here? Voight gave you another week"

"Erin, if I stay inside my apartment for another week I'll go insane. I need to get back to work"

"Okay, yeah, I get it. If you need anything you know where my desk is"