𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter three. chin check.

Maxine sits behind the wheel of her car in the parking lot next to the district

Maxine sits behind the wheel of her car in the parking lot next to the district. She rests her head on the steering wheel when there is a knock on the window and she jumps.

"Sorry" he says, holding up two coffee cups, "I got us coffee"

Maxine gets out of her car and grabs the cup and says, "thanks Jay" then she grabs her bag from the back seat and they head inside the building.

"Hey, listen, I got this thing Friday night. But I can blow it off if you think . . ." Adam says as he catches up with Al down the hall by the locker room.

"What kind of thing?" The older detective asks.

"It's Uh, my engagement party"

"Wheres my invite?"

"Yeah" he playfully scoffs, "seriously? Yeah, that's all I need. 'Hey sweetie, this is my partner, the married one who lives in his garage. Don't worry, that's not gonna happen to us' No offense, though, I don't want you anywhere near her"

"Does that mean you finally set a date?" Maxine questions, as she and Jay walk towards Adam from the back staircase and they head for the bullpen.

"Uh, today's the 21st, so six months from today. And what do you mean finally?"

"What I mean, is that you can't commit to anything"

"Well, I've committed to you for the last 31 years, so that must mean something right?"

Maxine rolls her eyes, punching her best friends arm as Jay says, "Oh, man. Today's the 21st"

"Yeah, it usually follows the 20th. What's up?" Maxine asks, walking to her desk. Jay shakes his head and says, "Nothing"

"Alright, there are two unrelated wire investigations. Surveillance followed three of Area Central's top ranking gang targets, to this house on Carpenter" Hank says, pointing to the blueprint on the whiteboard, "Narcotics hasn't gotten anywhere with it. So command staff wants Intelligence on it. Roll out in five"

🪩🪩🪩

"We got the main eye" Al says, through his hidden walkie, as he and Adam are undercover as construction workers.

"We're set up in the north" Antonio says, as he and Hank are parked on the street.

"10-4. We got the south and a partial of the alley" Jay says, as Maxine takes pictures.