𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter six. conventions.

After getting out of the shower and getting changed, Maxine grabs her gun from its safe, under the night side table, and puts it in its holster

The brunette girl walks out into her living room to see her partner getting off of her couch and she laughs, "long night?"

"You tell me? Sorry, I fell asleep on your couch again" he says, rubbing away the sleepiness from his eyes.

"I know, second time this week." She jokes and he gives her a look, "kidding. You can always sleep on my couch if you need too"

Jay smirks, "thanks" then he grabs his jacket from the back of the couch, "I should go home and change before shift" as he walks towards the door, "see you there"

🪩🪩🪩

Mickey walks into the district, giving an officer a fist bump then says, "morning, Sarg"

Trudy nods her head then sees Erin and smiles, "Erin. Good morning"

Erin just waves at the desk sergeant, following her partner up the stairs to get to the unit and Mickey says, "have you noticed that Platt, like, loves you for some reason?"

"Do you own a suit?"

"Yeah. Why?"

Erin puts her hand on the palm scanner and says, "you're going with me to my high school reunion." then when the caged door buzzed for her to enter, she opens it and says, "also, we're engaged" then she continues up to the unit. Mickey gives his partner a blank stare and says, "wait" following her up the stairs.

Maxine locks her car and heads inside the roll up where Adam catches up with his best friend and says, "Hey smiley"

Maxine goes to look at her best friend, her smile still visible on her face and says, "hey"

"Why are you so smiley?"

Maxine shrugs and says, "no reason"

Adam raises an eyebrow and says, "uh-huh" before they head up the stairs to the unit.

~~~

"Media's calling him the riverwalk killer." Voight explains to his team, where he and Dawson stand in front of the whiteboard where pictures and a birds eye view of the riverwalk are posted, "Mayor is flipping out on the superintendent, who's flipping out on the Chief. None of that matters to me. Two young women are dead and we're out through something so horrific...it ain't gonna happen again."