𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter forty five. a dead kid, a notebook and a lot of maybes.

"And you know, I really don't know what he thinks of me

"And you know, I really don't know what he thinks of me. I mean, I got bumped up a year ago" Kevin said, eating a piece of his toast where he and Maxine are eating their breakfast at a diner near the district. "I still don't know where I'm at. I mean, you know Voight a little better than me. You think he thinks I'm good police?"

"I think Voight thinks everyone's got room for improvement. You know what I'm saying?" Max said, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Yeah, I feel you" Kevin says then looks over to see someone walking over to his seat, "is that James Whitaker?"

Maxine looks over her shoulder to see an older man sit in a booth and says, "oh, he's captain of the 31st right?"

"Like the black pope of chicago. Does a big card game. All the powerful brothers in the city are there. If you're in that game, you made it"

"Hmm. You know, the way you've got to handle Voight, is you.."

"Hold on" Kevin said, sliding out of the booth.

"Good talk" Maxine says, then looks down at her phone to see Jay calling and she ignores it. Kevin walks back over and sits down, depressed.

"So, how'd it go?"

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine and Hank walk into Webster Country Day school where the students are clearing out on the word that one of the students has a gun.

Kim and Sean walk over to them and Burgess shows 'em a picture of a boy and says, "Colin Blake. Went missing yesterday with a loaded pistol taken from his house"

"We checked with the headmaster" Roman says, "Colin was marked absent, but his mom recognized his bike outside the school, so we think he's here"

"Well, get every uniform a picture of this kid and start sweeping the campus" Voight orders.

"Got it" Kim says, as she and Sean walk away.

Max and Hank continue down the hall, when Antonio approaches them, "Sarg, Bishop. Just got word. Patrol found a body behind the school"

Now walking towards the back of the school, the intelligence unit finds the body of Colin Blake with a gunshot wound to his temple.