𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter forty. natural born storyteller.

Maverick steps into the shower and places his hands on the girls waist in front of him and kisses her neck

Maverick steps into the shower and places his hands on the girls waist in front of him and kisses her neck. Maxine turns around and smiles, wrapping her arms around his neck, "well, good morning"

"Morning"

"So I take it, you forgive me?"

"Of course I do" He said, brushing her wet hair behind her ears, "you made a mistake, life happens. I know you wouldn't do it to hurt me. And I understand why you pushed me away. I'm sorry that I couldn't do more to help"

"I'm sorry, I'm such a horrible girlfriend" Maxine said, looking down. Maverick lifts up her chin, "hey, you are the absolute best girlfriend...and you're perfect...and you're mine" he leans in for a kiss.

Maxine deepens the kids, "I love you"

"I love you too, princess"

🪩🪩🪩

"Offender apparently got a new piece, went popping off at a cook out" Roman tells Dawson and Olinsky as he guides them towards the crime scene in a backyard, "got to love a heat wave in chicago"

"So, we chased him in here. Subdued him using the minimal force necessary to effect an arrest" Burgess adds.

"Jagoff tried to ditch the hardware. Threw it in a yard four houses south" Roman says, taking a sip of water.

"I spotted the blood. Opened the refrigerator...never saw anything quite like it"

"We'll, I sincerely doubt your shooter wanted us to find this" Al says, walking over to Hank, "these are unrelated acts"

"This is a black neighborhood, always has been" Erin said, going to stand next to Jay and Maxine, "we're gonna find out somebody moved that kid here"

Jay crosses his arms over each other, "That call that was on the zone this morning? Kid went missing from Rogers park. I think this is him"

Hank stands up from looking at their victim, who was stuffed inside a refrigerator and says, "we're gonna solve this. Whatever it was"

"I know we will" Dawson says.

🪩🪩🪩

"We owe this kid our best. So what do we know?" Dawson asks, as everyone is gathered back on the unit talking about their new case.