𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter twenty six. shouldn't have been alone.

"What did you wanna talk about?" Maxine asks as she and Mickey walk down to the lobby of the district, when Platt waves her hand towards them and yells, "Jacobs, Bishop

"What did you wanna talk about?" Maxine asks as she and Mickey walk down to the lobby of the district, when Platt waves her hand towards them and yells, "Jacobs, Bishop. Get back upstairs. Get Voight"

"What's going on?" Max asks.

"Burgess was shot. Condition unknown. Go get your sergeant down here now!"

And without a second thought, the two detectives race back up to the unit.

🪩🪩🪩

Hank, Maxine and Adam pull up to the house of one, Luther Markov, where Kim was just shot. The three get out of the suv with their guns drawn and head to the front, where a blonde, patrol officer by the name of Jen Cassidy is standing next to Burgess who is on the gurney with her gun drawn as well.

"Kim!" Adam yells running over to them.

"She's unresponsive. Struck her head in the fall. Offender shot through the front door"

"Where's Roman?" Voight questions.

"Inside. He went after the shooter. Patrolmen are locking down the street"

"Hold here! Stand down!" Voight demands, as he walks inside the house, followed by Maxine.

Maxine and Hank follow the sound of the heavy metal music all the way to the second floor and into a room, to find Roman laying on the ground.

"The whole damn house is rigged!" Sean yells.

"Where's the shooter?" Hank shouts out, over the very loud music.

"Huh?"

"The shooter!"

"No, there's no shooter!"

Max goes over to the stereo and turns the music off as Roman gets up off the ground.

"I don't know what happened...I entered the room and stepped through that tripwire..." Roman says, breathing heavily, as Hank opens the cabinet door, "Which was rigged to that thing. I got low and triggered the device. There's a body in the tub. It's...it's dissolved"

"You need medical attention?!!" A medic shouts from downstairs.

"Stay out! Get everyone across the street!" Hank shouts back, then takes out his radio, "This is Sergeant Voight. Advise patrol to evacuate the block. Dispatch bomb squad and forensics. I'm initiating a plan one"