𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter two. wrong side of the bars.

Maxine and Erin walk up the stairs of the home of the Willhite's to inform Mr Willhite that Jules didn't make it

"I really don't wanna do this, Erin" Maxine says, tears gathering in her bright brown eyes again. Erin grabs ahold of her friends hand and says, "Me either, but we have too"

Maxine takes a deep breath, as Erin rings the doorbell. Julie's daughter and son open the door and Emmy says, "Hi Erin, Hi Max"

"Emmy, Liam. Is your dad home?" Erin asks. Emmy turns her head and yells, "hey, Dad! Erin and Max are here"

Alec walks to the door and says, "hey guys. What's up?"

"Alec, um.."

Alec looks at his kids and says, "hey, you guys wanna go inside?"

The two kids run inside and yell, "Bye Erin, Bye Max"

"Jules, uh.." Maxine starts to say with tears in her eyes. Alec being a doctor and knowing what's happening breaks down in tears, walking outside and closing the door behind him so the kids don't hear and Erin brings him into a hug, while Maxine looks up at the sky trying so hard not to let the tears fall down her face.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine stands in the locker room crying into Adam's chest who has one arm wrapped around her petite body and his other hand patting down her hair trying to calm her down.

"It's gonna be okay, Maxie. Shh" Adam says, then kisses the top of her head.

~~~

"They took Antonio's son" Hank says to his team, who are all at their desks, "then they took my own, as far as I'm concerned. Nothing else matters till we get Diego back. Nothing"

Jay points at Maxine who nods and says, "Sarg. So, this all started with Rev and Coop getting their heads chopped off. And both did essentially the same job as Pulpo. Mid level distribution, right? So we know Pulpo's cleaning house. And what do you do when you get rid of old furniture? You gotta bring in something new." then Jay holds up a picture, showing the team, "this guy stood out. It's Ernesto Milpas. He was running 15 corners between 22nd and Kedzie when CPD pinched him in '09"

Antonio grabs the picture from Jay and says, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was in that bust. With Jules"

"He was released last year"