𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter fifty four. a night owl.

Maxine pours coffee into her mug when her fiancé walks into the kitchen and she turns around and practically melts at his feet, at how good he looks

"What?"

"Can you stop looking good for like a day, please" Maxine begs, twisting the cap back on her coffee mug.

"I only look good for you, baby" he smiles, going to lean in for a kiss. Maxine goes to fix his tie and says, "you're making it hard to go into work today"

"I am? Look at you. That leather jacket looks amazing on you" he says, going to lift his fiancé up by her thighs and places her on the counter.

"You like it? My fiancé picked it out for me" she smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Oh really? He must have really good taste"

"Oh, you have no idea" Maxine smirks, leaning in for another kiss.

🪩🪩🪩

"Marijuana?" Jay asks, as he and Mouse walk onto the unit.

"It's medical marijuana and as you know, it's perfectly legal in Chicago as of six months ago" Mouse says, as Jay hands his partner a Red Bull then takes off his jacket. Maxine smiles and says, "Thanks"

"I'm not so sure man"

"You said you wanted to move up in the world. Get some scratch for a condo. Well, it's a high paid gig. The owners totally legit. She has an MBA from Northwestern" mouse says going to his desk.

"Who's this? What do we got?" Jay asks, as Max gets up from her desk to stand next to her partner.

"Here's somebody you never thought would get mixed up in drugs" Antonio says, taping a picture onto the board, "Adam Ames, 61 years old. He's got no criminal record, not even an overdue library book. He's married with three adult children. He's a respected professor at central chicago university, where he teaches social ethics whatever that's about"

"I'm guessing it's not about running 10 kilos of heroin into Canada" Erin states.

"Yeah, and it's not like he had financial problems" Jay says, reading over Ames' file, "the guy lives in river forest"

"The professor could be getting played" Kevin suggests.

"I mean, remember that guy that got killed bringing bullets in from Canada? Turned out his nephew put the load in the truck. Remember that?" Adam says.