𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter sixteen. call it macaroni.

"You promise you'll be here after my shift?" Maxine asks, going to put her gun into her holster

"You promise you'll be here after my shift?" Maxine asks, going to put her gun into her holster. Joey walks up behind the brunette girl and places his left hand on her hip and his other hand tucks some of her long hair behind her ear, "I promise kitten" then he peppers kisses on her neck.

Shivers run down her spine every time he'd call her that. It was his nickname for her and no one else and she wanted to keep it that way.

Yes, they have a very long undercover history both very personal and professional. And yes, Hank knows about it. That's why he's so concerned about how her behavior has changed since he found out Joey came back. But that's a story for another time.

Maxine smiles to herself, not going unnoticed by Joey of course, and turns around wrapping her arms around his neck. As they were about to lean in for a kiss, Maxines phone rings.

Joey sighs, "that's like the 10th time this morning he's called"

"I know. Sorry. He's just worried"

"There's nothing to worry about. You have me" he smirks.

"Yeah, but he doesn't know you exist, so he probably thinks I'm just going crazy or something"

"Well, how about . . ." The tattoo covered man says, combing his fingers through Maxines hair, "we all have dinner together after your shift"

Maxine looks at him surprised, "wait, really?"

Joey nods his head, "anything I can do to make you happy" he then kisses her forehead. Maxine smiles like a kid in a candy store, "okay"

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine walks through the side door of the rollup after parking her car, when she hears, "Maxie!"

Maxine takes a deep breath and turns around, "hey"

"What the hell, you don't answer my calls anymore?"

"Sorry. Long morning"

"Well, it hasn't just been this morning. What about yesterday and the day before"

"Adam, come on. Don't be like that"

"Well, I am gonna start being like that. You can't have me worried like that anymore"