𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter fifty. looking out for stateville.

"So does anybody know what Little went away for?" Adam asks, referring to Voight's cellmate Eddie, who is talking in the sergeants office as he walks out of the break room

"Manslaughter. Killed GiGi Dicaro, a shakedown artist from bridgeport, right under the 35th street red line stop" antonio says, walking over to his desk, "Snapped his neck"

"Huh"

Erin looks up from her paper work, uncomfortable with this conversation. Kevin takes a sip of his coffee that Ruzek just handed him and asks, "So you just gonna let him dog you out like that about your wedding date with Burgess?"

Adam scoffs playfully and says, "I could take him"

"Guy's like 6'6", 250, easy" Maxine says, leaning back in her chair, downing her energy drink.

"You would have my back, obviously, right?"

"Who? Me or Max?" Kevin smiles, "Because I think I wanna watch that fight"

Adam laughs and says, "Come on"

"I'd love to see that too" Max agrees, smiling.

"It's just surreal, you know. The two of them, they were cellmates" Jay says, peeling his orange, "Now he's just on the payroll"

"I'm sure Voight has his reasons" Erin says.

"Yeah, he usually does" Al says, taking a bite of his banana. Jay looks over at his partner and asks, "you want some of my orange?"

Maxine grabs a piece and says, "thanks" 

~~~

"Rory Jenson has been a CPD priority target for several years now" Hank says, standing in front of the board with his team gathered around.

"Yeah, we went after him hard when I was in vice, but since he never laid a finger on any dope, we could never grab him" Antonio explains, sitting on the edge of his desk with Erin next to him. Maxine gets up from her seat and sits on the edge of her desk next to Adam.

"Remember that big DEA bust last year, caused a major cocaine shortage in the city? Jenson is the guy who's taking advantage of that" Hank explains, "Alright, you all know Eddie Little, our new CI. You got the floor"