𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter forty four. you never know who's who.

"There is no way you cooked this, Maxie

"There is no way you cooked this, Maxie. This is really good" Adam said, taking a bite of his food, where Maxine had invited him over for dinner at hers and mavericks house.

Maxine scoffs and hits his arm, "I so did. Maverick may have helped a little bit"

Adam looks over at Maverick who mouthed, a lot, making the officer laugh. Maxine grabbed her phone that was ringing from her pocket to see a text from Erin saying to meet the team at an address, "it's Erin. Gotta go"

"Wish I could go" Adam sighed. Maxine pats his shoulder, "well, now it's a good time for you and Mav to really get to know each other" then she goes over to her boyfriends and leans in for a kiss, "bye baby"

"Bye my love. Be safe"

Maxine walks up the stairs to her room to get changed and grab her gun. Maverick looks at Adam and says, "we need to talk"

🪩🪩🪩

The intelligence team slowly walks into the house of the victim that Burgess and her partner fell upon at a park with their guns drawn.

"Hey, check this out" Maxine said as she and Erin find a steel door and a keypad. Kevin prys the door open and the team walks in to find tactical gear, pictures with diplomats, guns and lots of money.

"This guy was someone important" Erin comments.

"I'm looking at a million dollars here" Jay said, aiming his flashlight at the pile of money when the automatic lights go on.

"Back up generators" Dawson says.

Voight goes to hit the button that was on the wall across from them and another steel door opens. Antonio turns the light switch on and to their surprise, there was thousands of guns.

"Whoa" Max said.

"What the hell"

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine walks onto the unit from the back staircase downing an energy drink and goes to sit at her desk. She slides her chair over to Jays desk and takes his favorite energy drink from her coat pocket and sets it on his desk and he looks up at her.

"I'm sorry for whatever I did"

As Hank walks onto the unit, Adam gets up from his desk and says, "Hey boss. Any uh, word on my case? Cause I'm kind of climbing the walls here"