𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter twenty one. an honest woman.

Maxine walks into THE CHICAGO SKY night club, looking around at how more crowded it is tonight then when she was here the week before

She heads to the bar and waits for the bartender when she hears, "hey, you made it back"

Maxine turns around a small smirk playing at the corner of her mouth when she sees the beautiful blue eyed man and she shrugs, "yeah, thought I'd give this place another chance" making him chuckle.

"What can I get for you, miss?" The bartender asked.

"Anything she wants, on the house tonight" Maverick says. The bartender nods his head, "sure thing boss"

"Two shots of tequila please"

Maverick smirked, "you look breathtaking tonight, by the way"

"Thank you" Maxine smiles, looking down as the bartender sets two shots of tequila in front of the brunette, "here, take one with me" she says, handing one of the shots to the taller man.

"Okay" he said, his blue eyes never leaving her brown ones. They both take the shot, setting the glasses back down on the bar.

ALL HANDS ON DECK by Tinashe started playing and an immediate smile appeared on Maxine's face. She grabs the taller man's hand, "come dance with me"

"I don't dance, Maxine"

Maxine shrugs, "okay" then she walks away, grabbing some random guys hand and starts dancing with him, his hands on her hips and she sways them. She didn't know why she was acting like this, she would have blamed it on the alcohol but she had one shot of tequila, so maybe it was this man who she met once last week that was making her crazy. She didn't know why, but she didn't care. She needed the distraction.

Maxine looked over at Maverick who was staring at her from the bar. His eyes squinted in anger, his jaw tightened. She could tell he was pissed but it was his fault, he didn't want to dance. Then she watched him walk away and she smiled, going to turn around and finish dancing to the song.

Later that night and shot after shot after shot, Maxine leaned against the dark brick wall, taking a breather. She hasn't seen Maverick all night. She was sort of disappointed.

She took a deep breath when she hears, "are you Maxine?"

Max looked over at the red head male that was walking over to her. "Yeah?"