𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter forty two. debts of the past.

Jay walks onto the unit, taking off his jacket when he sees his partner walk out of the break room with a cup of coffee and asks, "Hey

Jay walks onto the unit, taking off his jacket when he sees his partner walk out of the break room with a cup of coffee and asks, "Hey. Where is he?"

"On his way back from Med. They kept the baby all night for tests, but it looks like everything's gonna be fine" Maxine says, going to sit at her desk. Al walks back onto the bullpen to see a big electronic board next to Mouse's desk and asks, "What the hell is this?"

"Oh, this..." Mouse says, going to touch the screen, which pops up with a bunch of information, "this is the intelliboard. And with it we can cross correlate, in real time, all our investigative efforts, department wide" making Al and Adam look at each other, "And instant GPS tracking, OCR scanning and searchable databases. IP channeling. This is next level"

Hank walks onto the unit and the sergeant tapes a mugshot onto the intelliboard and Mouse says, "Sergeant, you don't have to do that. I started inputting the..." but he stops himself as Hank glares at him.

"James Beckett. He's a triple homicide felon Olinsky and I put away 15 years ago. Most of you know he's back out on the streets again on a technicality" Hank explains, "Nothing more needs to be said about that. What does need to be said is he tried to kill me, Olive, Justin, and my grandson in front of my house. So, the sooner he's in a box or a bag, the better. Am I clear?"

Commander Fischer then walks onto the unit and asks, "You okay, Hank?"

"I will be" Hank says, as Al answers his phone, "Where is this guy? I wanna know if his discharge papers from Stateville listed a residential forwarding address. What properties he still owns"

"Hank. We gotta roll, now!" Al says.

🪩🪩🪩

The team walks onto a crime scene to see a burnt body inside of the burnt car and Jay asks, "Who's the driver?"

"Jacob Logan. Retired CPD" Al answers, "He was on the team with us when we took down Beckett" then he looks at Hank, who sighs.

🪩🪩🪩

Adam pulls Maxine into the locker room. "jeez"

"Sorry"

Maxine looks at her best friend with concern, "what's going on?"

"Um, so I think Kim's mad at me"

Maxine sighs, "what did you do now?"