𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter forty eight. malignant. now i'm god.
chicago med / pd crossover event.

"How is she?" Jay asks, referring to the woman firehouse 51 brought in when they were called to a fire, as he and Kelly walk into med and over to Sharon Goodwin, Chief of services at chicago med

"The same. It turns out, she was on chemo" Sharon says, "What do you guys know about her?"

Jay sighs and says, "Not a lot right now"

"That's all that was salvaged from the scene" Kelly says, as Jay hands Sharon the evidence bag full of the victim's things.

"It's her personal belongings. Couple of books, receipts. We processed them. Didn't find anything useful"

"Hey, Daniel. Why don't you take a look at this" Sharon says to Dr. Charles, who was only a few feet away at the nurses station.

"You never know what you might find" Dr Charles says, opening the bag and taking the receipts out, "A lot of receipts. Organized. Getting ready for tax season"

Maxine then walks over to them from getting off the phone and says, "Guys, forensics just came in. They only found her prints at the scene. There's no signs of foul play. All the evidence is pointing to suicide"

Dr. Charles looks at an online ticket the victim had purchased as Jay walks over to his brother and says, "Can I ask you a doctor question?"

"Sure, walk with me" Will says, as they start walking down the hall.

"It's about Herrmann. If he'd come in on your watch, would you have waited so long before doing anything?"

"That's a tough call. It's been awhile since my surgical residency. And I wasn't there for the exam, so it's hard to say"

"Yeah. Just in general"

"In general? Yeah, I probably would have gone in" will says, then looks at Penelope who walks by, "But again I wasn't there"

"Yeah, thanks" Jay says, then smiles because of his brother's infatuation with his co-worker.

"Don't..."

~~~

Maxine walks into the waiting room, where firehouse 51 was waiting to see how Herrmann was doing, who had just been stabbed at Mollys. She walks over to her sister, who's knee was moving uncontrollably and she sits next to her. "Hey, how's Herrmann?"