𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter fifty seven. kasual with a k.

The intelligence team jump out of their cars with their guns drawn

The intelligence team jump out of their cars with their guns drawn. Hank walks over to where Roman and Burgess were, and Roman says, "we just got here. Dispatch relayed the witness heard screams, then multiple shots."

"Stores quiet. No gunshots since we got here, no movement, no sign of hostages. Shooter might
still be inside" Burgess adds.

"Thanks" voight says, then moves towards the corner store, "move in! Stack it up!" He yells to his team.

Maxine, Erin, Antonio and Jay walk into the store, guns drawn to clear it out. Once they do, they walk into the back room to see a dead body, sitting up against the wall, blood splatter everywhere. Jay goes to feel for a pulse and looks at Hank, "no"

"Whatever's up there, he died protecting it" Dawson says before walking up the stairs to an apartment.

As they go to clear it out, Jay opens a door, "Chicago police! I need to see everyone's hands" to see several woman and kids, "is everyone okay?"

"Is he gone?" A woman asks.

"Who's he?"

"I don't know" she says as Jay and Antonio try and get the kids to come out.

"Gunshot wound!" Maxine yells, as Erin goes to put pressure on the woman's chest.

"5021 emergency. We responded to that call of shots fired. I need you to roll an ambulance to 1950 south throop. Multiple victims with gunshot wounds...plain clothes officers on the scene. Will put out a flash message as soon as we can"

Jay walks into the room and says, "Sarg, offenders in the wind. We got patrol out looking for him"

The woman runs into the room and says, "oh my god. Jess. Jess!"

"Do you have a first aid kit?" Erin asks her.

"I don't—"

"Go find one or get some towels"

"What the hell is this place?" Jay asks.

"It's a battered women's shelter. Secret location" Maxine states.

"Yeah. Not so secret" hank says.

~~~

Dawson and Olinsky walk over to Voight and Bishop and the older man says, "well, the shelters unaffiliated with any city services. We got nine women and three children living here."