𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter eighteen. the weigh station.

Maxine runs outside with her gun drawn to see the shooter getting away and she shoots at the vehicle

Maxine runs outside with her gun drawn to see the shooter getting away and she shoots at the vehicle. Then she gets onto her radio and says, "Kirby 5021 emergency. I need backup at 4292 south emerald street."

Max then runs back inside the bar and says, "Jay!" While holstering her gun.

"Max, come here"

"Is anybody hit?"

"Max, I need more towels. I need more towels!"

Maxine goes to grab more towels and hands them to Jay so he can put them on Maddie's gunshot wound.

"I'm gonna go outside and wait for the ambo" Maxine says, racing back outside when the ambo arrives with Sylvie Brett and her partner.

"Shot to the neck" Bishop says, leading the paramedics inside, "my partners got her behind the bar"

"Alright, we got it from here. I need the stretcher, the backboard and Kerlix for the bleeding." Sylvie says, kneeling down next to the brunette girl. Jay stands up and looks over at his partner who says, "we'll get 'em"

🪩🪩🪩

Max walks into the locker room where Jay is washing up and she leans on the blue colored lockers and says, "how you feelin'?"

Jay sighs and says, "horrible"

"This wasn't your fault, Jay. Maddie's gonna be fine"

"Yeah"

Maxine goes to pat her partner on the back and they head out back to the bullpen where Hank asks, "you knew the victim?"

"Maddie Callahan. She worked there" Jay says.

"No ID on the shooter?"

"No, patrols going door to door in the neighborhood looking for witnesses" Maxine says. Antonio hangs up his phone and says, "that was the hospital. Your friends in ICU, but she's alive"

"Thanks" Jay says.

"Hey, it's not your fault"

"So I've been told"

Antonio looks over at Voight and says, "someone needs to talk to Bembenek"