𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter thirty nine. life is fluid.

"Good morning ladies" Antonio says, walking onto the unit, holding a file, Hank tailing behind him, "this is benji keyes

"Good morning ladies" Antonio says, walking onto the unit, holding a file, Hank tailing behind him, "this is benji keyes. Known on the street as benji bones. Priors for possession with intent to distribute, concealed weapon, and has been ID'd as a street captain for his brother"

"Derek Keyes" Hank says, taping a couple pictures on the whiteboard, "number one on chicagos most wanted. Narcotics estimates that over half the city's heroin comes from Keyes. Been after him for years. Every time they'd send in undercovers, they hit a wall"

"CI of mine gave up a Location on benji bones. We grab him, he'll lead us to Derek"

"This can't be a typical grab. Cause if Derek finds out we're onto him, he'll dive deeper underground. So we gotta snatch benji bones without anybody knowing. That means everybody gets blacked out"

"Sarg" Jay gets up from his desk, "curious...have you..."

"No"

"We traded a few texts a couple weeks back. You think I should reach out?"

"She made her choice" Hank said, before walking away. Jay looks over at Maxine's desk and sighs.

Adam walks into the locker room, his phone to his ear and gets his best friend's voicemail again.

"This is Maxine—"

Adam grows frustrated and hangs up the phone, putting it back in his pocket.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine leaves her apartment, holstering her gun when she sees Jay leaning against her car, and she sighs. "What are you doing here?"

"You know Voight put you on three weeks furlough, right? In case you change your mind about transferring" Jay said, pushing himself off the car and over to his former partner, "which ends tomorrow"

"What do you want, Jay?"

"I want to hear you say it"

"Say what?"

Jay scoffs and snatches the sunglasses from Maxines face, to see bruising on her face. "What the hell happened to your face?"

Maxine looked down at the cement sidewalk, crossing her arms over each other, "nothing"

"Did your boyfriend do that to you?"