𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter twenty two. prison ball.

Maxine walks into THE CHICAGO SKY and over to the bartender, Danny, who she's gotten to know

Maxine walks into THE CHICAGO SKY and over to the bartender, Danny, who she's gotten to know. "Hey Danny" she smiles.

"Max, hey" he smiles, pouring a drink for someone.

"He here?"

"Office I think"

"Thanks" the detective said before walking through the crowd of people to get to the office of the man she couldn't stop thinking about over the last month. She knocks on the door and waits patiently for a response.

"Who is it?"

"It's me"

"What are you doing here, Maxine?" He asked through the door.

"I wanted to see you"

Maverick sighed, he wanted to see her too but not when his face was all bruised and bloody. "Go home, Maxine. I don't have time right now"

"Oh" she said, looking at the ground, "okay, I'll just talk to you later I guess" then she walks away, when she gets a phone call from Erin, "What's up, E?"

🪩🪩🪩

Once Maxine gets to the crime scene, she meets up with Hank and Erin and they walk over to the victim, and are met with Commander Fischer.

"What are you wearing?" Erin asked the older detective. Maxine looked down at her dress and sighed, "it's um, nothing. i was just out" earning a raised eyebrow from the younger detective.

"Victim's name was Mya Watkins. She was a state's witness set to testify in a theft case this week. Shooter walked up and put two in her head and ran off"

Erin kneels down next to the body and lifts up the tarp from over the victims face to reveal a little girl.

"How old is she?" Max questions, "Ten?"

"Yeah" Fischer answers, as Erin puts the tarp back over her face, "Clear everything off your plate. This is the only case that matters" then he walks away.

"Homicide found two nine mil shell casings next to the body" Jay says, as he, Mickey and Antonio walk over to Alvin, "they're on their way to ballistics for analysis now"

"Any witnesses?" Al asks.

"Zip. This was a message to the neighborhood. 'Don't snitch'" Antonio states.