𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter eight. different mistakes.

Maxine pours herself a cup of coffee, adding 5 sugar to it, after getting ready for the day when she hears a knock at the door

The detective takes a sip of her coffee, enjoying her peace for a second when there was another knock and she sighs. "It's 730 in the morning" she groans.

*knock knock*

"I'm coming!" She shouts. Maxine walks over to the door and opens it to find Mickey holding two coffees. "Oh"

"I forgot how charming you were in the morning" Mickey sasses, holding out one of the coffees towards her.

Maxine looks at her ex boyfriend confused, then grabs the coffee, "five—"

"—sugar and a hint of vanilla"

"You remembered"

"Only the important stuff"

"Thanks"she says, letting him into her apartment, "what are you doing here?"

"Voight called. Says we have a scene in Chinatown."

"I'm aware"

"—And since I was in the neighborhood, I thought I'd give you a lift"

"In the neighborhood, huh?"

Mickey clears his throat, "yeah. And I'm already here , so . . ."

"Um, sure. I'll meet you downstairs"

"Okay" he says before walking away.

🪩🪩🪩

Erin, Maxine, Jay, Mickey and Antonio wait outside of the building where the scene is for their sergeant, who had just arrived.

"Let's do this" Hank says, walking inside the building, with the others following behind, "Triad Casino"

"Lot of money rolls through here" Jay says, as the detectives look around the illegal gambling room.

"You feeling lucky?" Maxine questions. As they all walk down the hall to a smaller separate room, they see five gunshot victims and Jay says, "Luckier than them"