𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter sixty two. start digging.

"Happy birthday dear Daniel

"Happy birthday dear Daniel. Happy birthday to you" Maxine, Maverick, Justin, Hank, Olive and Erin sing. Daniel looks around at his family, not really understanding what was going on. Hank kisses the top of his grandsons head then places the cake with the number one candle on it in front of him and says, "Come on, blow out the candle. Ready?"

Hank and Justin both bend over to blow out the candle and everyone smiles and claps.

"I can't believe he's a year old already" Erin smiles. Justin smiles putting his arm around Olive's shoulders.

"Time for presents" Hank says and places a blue bag onto the table, then whispers to Daniel, "that ones from me" while Justin opens it.

"All these years you kept this?" Justin asks, holding onto an old toy he had when he was a baby.

"Oh, your mom did. She kept all your baby stuff upstairs in the attic. Just, you know, hoping one day she could pass it along"

Olive leans her head on Justin's shoulder and says, "thank you, Hank. It's perfect"

"Thanks pop. I wish mom was here, too"

"She would be so proud of you. That I know" Erin says getting up to give Justin a hug.

~~~

Maxine pulls Justin aside and says, "Hey Justin, um, thanks for inviting me. It means a lot"

"I know that finding out that we're siblings was a shock...to both of us. But I'm glad that we are, I've always wanted a sister" he smiled, putting his arm around her shoulders, "so, tell me about your fiance. As your brother, I need to make sure he's treating you right"

Maxine rolls her eyes and hits his arm.

~~~

Maverick takes a sip of his scotch, then looks up to see Hank staring him down. "Thank you for inviting me"

"Yeah. Do I need to worry about Maxine around you?"

Maverick shakes his head, "No sir"

Hank leans forward and says, "cause if I find out, that you did anything—"

Justin walks in and says, "Pop"