𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter nineteen. the ones you lose.

Adam walks down the hall towards his best friend's apartment with a bag of muffins and two coffees in hand, when he notices the door slightly ajar

Adam moves the tray of coffees to his other hand and places his hand on the gun in his holster and nudges the door open with his foot, "Maxie?"

Adam walks inside the familiar looking apartment to see it completely destroyed and his heart drops to his stomach. He sets the coffees and muffins down on the counter and searches everywhere, "Maxine!"

Adam holsters his gun, trying to calm his breathing, "what the hell?" then runs his hands down his face, "This isn't happening" then he takes out his phone to make a call, "Voight, we have a problem"

~~~

"How long has she been missing?" Voight asks as he, Lindsay and Antonio walk towards Maxines apartment where the rest of the team was searching over.

"We talked to her neighbors. One of them said they noticed the door was ajar at 9 last night" Erin states. Voight raises an eyebrow, "and he didn't call 911?"

"Nope. Said that since she was a cop she could handle anything herself"

Antonio scoffs, "nice neighbor"

"That's what I said...then he heard me and slammed the door in my face" Erin says, making the other two snicker.

"Anything yet?" Adam asks, standing at the doorway of Maxine's apartment, trying not to panic and Erin shakes her head, "damn. Boss, we gotta find her"

"We will, Adam" Hank reassures the officer. cause if there was one thing to know about Hank Voight, is that he always gets his man.

"This isn't a good sign" jay said, standing up from the ground after searching underneath the couch and Hank nods his way. Jay shows the badge and ID in his hand, "it's Max's ID and badge"

"Damn" Antonio says.

"What does that mean?" Adam asks, looking around at everyone's sad expressions.

"It means that whoever took her doesn't know she's a cop. She's undercover" Mickey states, his hands resting on his hips.

"Damn" Kevin says.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine's eyes slowly opened. She groans in pain when she realizes that her mouth was duct taped and her hands and feet were tied together.