𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter fifty five. the cases that need to be solved.

Maxine sits up in bed just staring at her ring and she smiles

Maxine sits up in bed just staring at her ring and she smiles. She's never been happier than at this moment right now. She had the best friends, the best job in the world, the best family and the best fiancé she could ever ask for. She was content with her life but you know how the saying goes, nothing stays good for long.

Maverick walks out of the bathroom and smiles, seeing Maxine smile at her ring. He loved this woman through and through and he would do anything for her.

Maxine sighed when she heard her phone ringing. She looked over at the text from Voight, saying they had a case. She quickly jumps out of bed and goes to give her fiancé a kiss and walks into the bathroom.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine walks onto the crime scene with Antonio, stuffing her hands into coat pockets, meeting up with Hank who says, "tender age black male. Executed. one shot to the head. Other to the chest. Third was in his back" Antonio then goes to lift the sheet over the boys face to see a gunshot wound to the head, "nine millimeter"

"Uh, there's no signs of a struggle. And no signs that he was restrained." Erin says.

"Maybe he knew the assailant. And they led him back here." Jay says, as Antonio puts the sheet back over the boy's body.

"Did you see who took the kid down the side street?" Al asks someone. The guy shakes his head and says, "nah"

"How about we talk later on? In private."

"Nah. You've seen how they blew that little kid away. What do you think they're gonna do to me?" He says before walking away.

"I saw this white SUV drive around the playground. Slow. Kinda big. It had a roof rack on it. Then I glanced over and see four guys get out. That's all I saw" a witness tells Adam.

"Were they white? Black?.." Adam asks. The woman gives Adam a look and says, "only white people who roll through here are buying drugs. And they don't get out the car"

"Okay. Did you recognize any of 'em?"

The lady shakes her head and said, "no"

"What about a license plate number?"

"No. I told you what I saw." The woman says then she starts tearing up, "I can't believe this" then she walks away.