𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter sixty. justice.

"How many shots?" Hank asks Burgess as he, Al, Maxine and Erin surround her after getting notification that someone shot at them, wounding Roman

"Four. Maybe, five. And then Roman, he screams at me to go." Burgess states.

"He said that?"

"Yes. So I chased that little prick to that corner" Kim says, pointing behind them, "he fires at me. Two more times. I tell him to stop, and then he turns, looks over his shoulder. Something silver in his hand, so I fired"

"You kept sight on him the whole time?" Max asks.

"No, not when he rounded the corner. But I only had my eye off him for a few seconds, it's the same kid"

"You got a look at him, as he approached the car?" Voight questions.

"Maybe a glimpse. Mostly just an arm and torso, gun and muzzle flashes. Silver gun. It looked like a nine."

"Did you see where the asswipe tossed the piece?" Al asks.

"What?"

"We can't find it."

After a few seconds of silence, the rest of the team walk over to the group and Adam asks Kim, "Are you okay?"

"Yes. How is Sean?"

"He lost a lot of blood" Kevin says.

"Marine units en route to find the gun." Ruzek says.

Jay puts his hand on Kim's shoulder and says, "You got him twice from 40 yards away, in low light? Nice job" before walking away.

🪩🪩🪩

"Michael Vance Ellis, 17. No priors." Dawson says, as the team is now back on the unit surrounding the white board, "father, John Ellis is a plumber. Mother, Cecily Ellis, works at a bank. We're running their address for any historical in service calls."

"Roman and Ellis are both in surgery at Med. Ellis' parents are there" Adam says. Mouse raises his hand and Voight says, "you got surveillance footage?"

"Yeah. I'm uploading the pod footage right here." Mouse says, pulling up the footage.

They watch as the offender walks up the patrol car, shoots at them and runs away.