𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter thirty four. the number of rats.
crossover event.

Maxine and Jay are at the hospital with Voight and Olivia Benson, waiting on news about the nurse that got beaten, raped and burned at her house

After telling Voight that the victim's sister is on her way, Jay and Maxine walk down the hall and are met with Jay's brother, Will.

"Hey" Jay says.

"Hey. How's Victoria? Any word?" Will asks.

"We saw the crime scene. It can't be good" Max says.

"What happened?"

"Fire department found her in a burning building. She's got burns all over her body. Her skull was fractured and she'd been sexually assulted" Jay says.

"This is horrible" Will says, "She's the nicest person"

"You know her?"

"Just in passing. She's a nurse in maternity. Any idea who did it?"

"Would we be standing here if we did?"

🪩🪩🪩

Back on the unit, the intelligence team is gathered around the whiteboard and listens to Olivia Benson, while she updates them about the case.

"So the first victim, Alice Whitlock, raped and murdered. Cause of death was blunt force trauma to the back of the skull. She was a nurse at the columbia Presbyterian. Second vic, Lisa Hoffman. She was raped and killed in the same fashion as Whitlock, but she was found completely burned in her own car along the Harlem river" Liv says, "Green nail polish was applied to both of these victims at some point during the crime. Debra McCulloch" Liv continues on, pointing to the picture of the third victim, "was last seen exiting a bar on 53rd and 3rd. She was a nurse at Mount Sinai. So, all three victims in New York, 2004. Witnesses were consistent, they all saw a man in medical clothing and his arm in a sling approaching these women"

"The victim from here, she have green nail polish on?" Max asks.

"Don't know yet"

"Yeah. Lab techs gonna check when the doctor gives the okay, but there's no guarantee we'll find out either way. Her hands were severely burned, she was trying to cover her face" Voight says.

"Also, there was no DNA at either of the New York crime scenes" Benson adds.

"Are there any theories why he stopped for ten years?" Adam asks.