Birthday

A/N- There is a reason this was updated today instead of the normal time. Let's think of it as a celebration, of well, me, lol. Schedule is back to being Sunday and Wednesday. 

Summary- It's Peter's 5th birthday.

(it's back to requests after this as I still have a lot to get through and this is going to be short.)

-Third Person P.O.V- 

Tony couldn't wipe the smile off his face as soon as he woke up. Today was his son, Peter's third birthday and to say he was excited about it would be an understatement. Although there was a small part of him that was sad, knowing his son was growing up

He pulled himself up so he was sat up, his eyes moved to the glowing clock and saw that it was already 7:10AM. Tony looked away and was shocked to see his husband, Steve, still asleep beside him. Although, then again, it was agreed it would be a family day- read Peter's day- so there was no going off running and Odin o'clock in the morning.

Tony started to prod Steve in the chest, almost like a child would do to wake their parents. But he was so excited, he wanted to get Steve awake, make Peter's favourite food and wake him up to spend the day with him. 

"Steve, get up. It's Petey's birthday," Tony mumbles, continuing to push his husband. 

Steve his eyes and smiles at Tony, shaking his head lightly. "You know, some may think you're more excited then Peter," Steve chimes, his voice heavy with sleep. 

Tony rolls his eyes in amusement and shakes his head, "yeah yeah, I know. But I'm excited okay."

Steve smiles, his eyes lighting up, "our kids growing up," he whispers, his voice holding a hint of sadness. 

Tony huffs a laugh and nods, "yeah, he is," he replies softly. 

-

Twenty minutes, Peter's favourite breakfast- waffles, and strawberries,- was placed on the table, ready to be devoured. 

"Let's go get him up," Steve voices, lightly grabbing Tony's hand and leading him down to their sons room. 

Silently, Tony pushes the door open to the dark room and smiles when he sees curls appearing from under a blanket. He turns and sees Steve looking at him as well, a soft smile on his face as his eyes gleam in joy and love. 

They both make their way into the room and crouch down so they're level with Peter's head. Peters eyes are closed and even though he was now five, he looked a lot younger then that while he slept. 

Steve gently cards his hand through Peters hair, while Tony shakes him lightly. They both watch as Peters tired eyes open and he looks at his parents, still half asleep. 

"Happy birthday Pete," they both whisper at the same time, making Peters eyes light up in happiness and a smile work it's way onto his lips. 

Before either of them have time to react, Peter is up out of bed and hugging both his dads in joy. Within a couple seconds both parents have their arms around Peter, keeping him safely tucked between the two. 

"M'love you dada, love you papa," Peter whispers, excitement and happiness radiating in his bones as he hugs his parents. 

"We love you too Petey," they both reply at the same time, making a giggle fall from Peters lips and Tony and Steve smile when they hear it. 

After a few more moments, Tony pulls back a little to look down at Peter, "you ready to go eat and open presents bubba?" He asks. 

Peter jumps out of their arms, nodding quickly, "yeah yeah yeah," he rushes out, bouncing on the balls of his feet. 

"Come on then," Steve voices, taking one of Peters hands while Tony takes the other. 

-

The whole day was spent as a family, watching whatever Peter wanted and going out in the evening for pizza. To say Peter was happy would be an understatement. 

-

-

-

A/N- No reason... love you all 

- M xx