If this is our final goodbye...

...Please don't forget me.

-Third Person P.O.V- 

Peter took a steadying breath as his eyes scanned around the now barren room, heart aching at the sight of it. He knew though that this was the right thing, as much as he had been dreading it and hoping maybe he would change his mind, he knew he had to do this. 

"Hey Kiddo," Tony spoke softly, coming to stand beside his son a sad smile adorning his face. 

Peter pulls his gaze away from the room and looks at his dad, a small, amused smile on his lips. "You know I'm not really a kid anymore, so you can't call me that," Peter commented, raising a brow. 

Tony huffs lightly, pouting slightly. "No matter how old you get, you'll always be my kid, therefore, I'll always refer to you like that," Tony replied. 

"Stupid logic," Peter bite out, although there was no heat behind his words and his eyes gave away the fondness the name brought. 

Sighing, Tony sits down on the bed, one of the only things that now remain in the room. "I can't believe the day is finally here," Tony whispers, blinking back the tears that threaten to fall with every moment that passes. 

Peter's eyes cast down to the floor, swallowing down his own emotions as he does so before moving over to his dad and sitting silently beside him. 

"I know dad, but I- I want to do this," Peter voices, a small tremble in his voice telling Tony just how hard this is for Peter as well. 

Tony looks up and smiles at Peter, albeit small, but still strong. "You know how proud I am of you for doing this right; sooner or later you'll be better at this stuff then I am," Tony quips, his tone lighter. 

Peter scoffs shaking his head, "I don't think that's true. But I'll definitely try my best." 

"You're really going to MIT," Tony whispers, turning and pulling Peter into a tight hug, having expected this, Peter easily hugs his dad back just as tight, knowing the changes that will occur soon.

-

Peters eyes widened as he looked at the huge building in front of him, the size towering over him and threatening to engulf him. 

"You can do this," he whispered to himself, shaking out his hands that were fisted at his side. 

He and his dad had moved everything into his room and his dad had left, leaving Peter now alone at MIT. He knew he could do this, but the prospect of being so young, and going here made him a little nervous. After all, most people here were in their 20's or so, and he had only just turned 18 and graduated. 

Pushing away all the thoughts, a smile falls onto his face and he makes his way into the building, ready to start something. 

-

Peter couldn't keep the smile off his face as he saw his dad in front of him. He was finally coming home for a while, and he hadn't been able to see Tony since he joined; although that didn't stop him from always calling him. 

"Dad," Peter calls out, moving a little faster. 

Tony stands and pulls Peter into a tight hug as soon as he was close enough. "I missed you kiddo," Tony mumbles, holding Peter a little tighter. 

"I missed you too dad," Peter replied, hugging his dad back just as tight. 

After a few more moments they pull away, both having smiles on their faces. Peter had three weeks off and planned to spend it with his family. 

-

The time to leave again came and Peter couldn't help but think about how bad an idea it really was. Something in him was telling him not to leave, but his senses weren't going off, so he brushed it off. 

"Bye dad, I love you," Peter spoke, hugging his dad. 

"Bye Petey, I love you too," Tony replied, his voice sincere. 

Peter smiled as he got into his car, waving goodbye to his dad and pulling away back towards MIT. The final words of his father engraved forever in his mind. 

-

In his sleep hazed mind he could hear his phone ringing, blindly he reached out towards it, not bothering to check the caller ID or take note of the sinking feeling in his chest and his senses ringing in the back of his mind. 

The words from the caller filter through his mind, twisting and turning in his mind with so much hate and venom he isn't sure he'll ever be able to recover. 

No words can fall from his lips as tears rise in his eyes and the phone slips from his lax hand. 

It couldn't be true. 

It couldn't. 

-

Peter alone in front of the grave, tears falling in silent screams down his face. His gaze unwavering as he tries to make sense of it all. 

Dead. 

Gone. 

No. 

He couldn't be. 

Not- not him. 

Not him. 

But it was. And Peter knew that. He knew that his luck had run out and the agent had got a lucky shot in when everyone's guard was down. 

He reads over the plague one more time, trying to stifle a sob of despair as the birds fly away and the dark clouds roll in. He could, and would never forget him, forget the words said to him or the feeling of home, and- and safeness that came with him. 

Peter would never forget him. 

His dad. 

'In loving memory of Tony Stark 
1970- 2021
A hero, a beloved friend, and the best dad anyone could ask for
You'll forever be missed,
And never forgotten.' 

-

-

-

A/N- This is the end of the book. I know, I know, but I had to do it. The next chapter of this is going to be an update on new books coming and the future of Irondad and Spiderson. You might think it's over, but believe me, it's not. 

For the final time here, I love you all so much, and thank you for sticking with me through this and supporting me, it means so much to me. 

Once more, I love you all, 

- M xx