The fall

A/N- This is from my 5+1 book, because I don't really have much time rn and I'm really tired so if you've read this I'm sorry. 

(Third Person P.O.V)

The vultures claws dug painfully into Peter's back as the vulture pulled them higher and higher into the darkness of the cold night. 

Peter tried hopelessly to get some control and wriggle from the death grip, wind whipped wildly around his face as tears streaking down his mask less face.

Spiderman had been fighting the vulture when he grabbed him from behind, slamming him into the concrete and flying them high up, his mask had been ripped off by another member, a satisfied look on his face at Peter bruised and bloody face was revealed. 

So here he was being dragged higher and higher into the dark night, streets packed with party people, unaware of their friendly neighbourhood spiderman being dragged to his death.

Fear crawled up his spine as he looked down, Peter isn't scared of heights, because he always has something to attach his web to, to stop the death inducing fall that he could take without it, but not this time. 

The emptiness of his surroundings stretches so far he can't see anything, he can see lights shining in the distance but they look more like sparks in the night, it's almost as though the earth is taunting him, willing him to at least try to escape. 

All he can see around him is the dark abyss of nothingness.

Something glistens below him and he stares down, squinting in the darkness to try and make it out. He can see the moon shining of it and he shudders in realisation.

"Let me go" Peter demands, or at least tries to, it comes out more like a question and in a small voice.

The vulture laughs from above him and tighteners his hold on the spider, "Maybe this time you will stop interrupting my deals" he says, anger dripping through his voice.

With his claws he throws Peter upwards, toward him. Before Peter can react he feels a force like no other ripple across his face, darkness swirls his vision as he feels himself falling.

Then he hits something. 

Hard. 

The air is knocked out of him as he feels coldness consume him. 

It doesn't occur to him that he is in water, the pain from the hit clouding his mind, half conscious and falling further down the icy lake, he breaths. 

Pain punches him into realization, only then does he realize what has just happend. 

But it's too late. 

Ice cold water fills his lungs, destroying everything in its path. 

Darkness is all around him and he succumbs to the darkness and pain, allowing it to swallow him whole.

(Tony's P.O.V)

I have to get to him. I have to get to my son. FRIDAY alerted me of what was going on, she had got a distress call from Karen as soon as his mask was taken. I'm in my suit going at full speed, praying he is okay.

Arriving at his location, all I see is a huge lake. My heart falls, and my world comes crashing down around me as I know where he is. He is in the lake. Without another thought I dive down and follow the tracker. Seconds later I come across Peter, laying there at the bottom of the freezing lake, blood surrounding him and pouring from his nose.

I quickly scoop him into my arms and shiver as he limply lays there, as soon as I am above the water I shoot to the nearest bank. I lay him cautiously onto the sand and jump out of my suit. With shaking hands I kneel beside him and put my fingers onto his pulse point. I shut my eyes and pray. But there is nothing.