Chapter 3

Last Night

As Elle wished Irene goodnight, she sighed as soon she shut the door.

She had some opinions are the new knight in the mansion, "I don't think he is a good fit for Irene..."

She slowly walked down the cold halls of Irene's ice palace, and her eyes wandered to a window.

This was Elle's favourite spot, this window at night shows the most beautiful side of Irene's garden.

The moon's lights just make my lady's garden ten times better, she thought.

Her eyes then spotted a man, "Sir Ralph?"

Elle's legs started to walk on their own, and within minutes she was in the garden as well.

Fate will be.

Ralph and Elle are now facing each other.

"Head maid," he bowed and walked forward towards her direction, so close, to the point they brushed shoulders.

Elle thought this could be a chance.

"Sir Ralph!"

She shouted without facing him, he flinched as he was caught off guard by Elle's sudden commotion.

"Y...yes?"

Confused Ralph replied as he stopped in his tracks and turned to face Elle.

They lock eyes.

"Do you respect the young miss?"

Ralph looked at Elle as if she was a mentally ill woman.

"Is that all you wanted to ask?"

Elle huffed, "No, I have a lot of things I want to ask about, but this is very important if you are going to work here for now."

She looked at him with such eyes, that sent chills down Ralph's spine.

Is this the same woman not long ago?

He thought.

"Answer my question."

She asked, he felt cornered.

"What if I said no?"

He asked such a daring question.

"Then please pack your stuff and leave."

Elle was looking down at him, she sighed and she was the one walking past him, brushing his shoulders.

She took a small glance as she walk past him.

Ralph had a cold face and at that exact moment, his eyes followed her.

"Head maid, may I know your name."

Elle froze.

"Michelle Jordan, I go by Elle."

"The Jordan, the Grand Duke warned me about you."

Elle's eyes widened and her fist tightened.

A smirk appeared on Ralph's face.

"Why do people in this mansion get so mad whenever I mention the Grand Duke?"

Elle flashed a glare at the smirking man.

"You leaving sounds even better right now."

She said.

Ralph smiled softly, "Who says I'm leaving? Grand Duke gave me an order, and I will stick by it."

"Even if you look down the young miss?"

Elle was angered to the point if he says anything wrong any second now...