Chapter 91

"How much of the conversation did I hear?"

Josiah looked into Irene's eyes, then looked away.

"Most of it."

He said after he cast a bigger defense shield around the mage, "Irene, do you..."

Josiah was about to ask a question, but Irene's mind was thinking about another problem.

"Josiah, how strong can your shield be?"

She asked Josiah looked confident as he said, "Strongest, I am quite talented."

Irene looked dead into his eyes, "Then cast it."

"I need you to cast a shield strong enough to stop this time blackhole, listen to me, then try making another one around this store."

Irene commanded Josiah, and he nodded.

He enhanced the shield cast on the mage and then dragged Irene out of the store.

"No! You cannot leave me here- urgh..."

The mage screams at them, but Irene was dragged out forced to ignore the mage's screams.

I feel bad...

"Don't feel bad, Irene, she tried to kill you."

Josiah said without facing Irene's face, "Yeah, you're right."

Irene looked sorrowful, I don't think they knew the dangers of this spell.

Once they reached outside, Josiah cast another shield around the store, he looked like he was struggling...with one hand.

"I think it would be easier for you to use both hands?"

Irene said to Josiah hinting him to let go of her hand, Josiah quickly let go of her hand, completely flustered.

"So when does this ticking time bomb explode?"

Josiah asks Irene, she gave him an unsure look.

"Soon?"

BOOM

Josiah looked at her with questions all over his face, "I will explain later, focus on the shield," Irene said as she patted his shoulder.

"Okay-argh!"

Josiah looked pained, Irene looked at the store, it was bright.

BOOM

Through the window of the store, Irene could see the mage bursting out with lights, her screams could not be covered.

"Urgh..."

Josiah was struggling, Irene knew the recoil might be fatal, but he's the male lead...he should be fine.

BOOM

Irene watched Josiah groaning as he tried his best to keep the shield strong.

The ground was shaking and Irene could hear people's screams and running away.

BOOM

Every single crack that broke in the mage's body made a loud boom, Mal quickly rushed over after the fourth boom.

"My Lady! Are you alright?"

She asked Irene, and she reassured her assassin that she was fine, but she was not sure about Josiah.

BOOM

The ground shook even harder, Irene quickly had to do something.

She cast a support spell with Josiah to help him lessen the work and maybe the recoil later.