Chapter 61

"No?"

The Grand Duke asked confused.

"Why would I take back words that are nothing but the truth?"

Irene asked confused.

The man was too stunned to speak as he realized Irene did not see anything wrong with the words that were said to him.

Robert flinched and Lucas stared in surprise.

"You were obedient as a kid," he said.

"You know you got to stop holding on to the past," Irene smiled.

The room was quiet.

Everyone knows the Grand Duke is stuck in the past when his wife was alive, he stayed calm, however.

Irene indirectly shaded him, did she enjoy it?

Very much, not much of a reaction though...

Irene complained in her thoughts, "I see you already summoned all the elements," he said changing the conversation.

"Ah yes."

The conversation was cut short, Irene showed signs of not wanting to continue the chat with the Grand Duke.

"Why are you being so difficult?"

The Grand Duke asked Irene, "I am being difficult?" Irene was flabbergasted, she couldn't believe this man-child called her difficult.

The Grand Duke just tsked in response, Robert stayed quiet, but you can see he was a bit shocked.

Lucas was shocked and then just stared intensely at Irene, she flinched as she felt a burning gaze at her.

She tried to not make eye contact, she felt awkward and uncomfortable with the glances of the three of them.

"Is that it?"

Irene asked the Grand Duke with a cold stare, "Well..."

He hesitated before answering and then was interrupted.

"Great! You may leave now if you feel uncomfortable with your daughter," Irene clasped her hands and said with a bright smile.

Leaving the Grand Duke with no words, he just nodded his head and went to get the door to exit.

Robert looked back and forth between Irene and Grand Duke, then followed his father, Lucas glanced at Irene before following.

The door was opened and three people fell to the ground.

Irene was shocked.

"Alice. Sasha. Josiah."

Irene said in pure anger, "What were you guys doing?"

She greeted them with a threatening smile.

The Grand Duke was so close to losing it, but just greeted the Royal Siblings and quickly left so did the other two.

"W-we apologize Irene!"

Alice sweated as she stuttered.

"I'm deeply sorry! Please don't be mad at me..."

Sasha begged for Irene's forgiveness, a sudden change in her personality.

"Sorry."

Josiah just said a simple apology while not looking Irene in the eye; however, the avoidance of eye contact disappeared right away.

He looked Irene in the eyes, Irene froze and met eyes with him.

"Sasha, Alice, leave the room, for now, I need to discuss something with Irene," Josiah said sitting down.