Chapter 81

"Business? Irene, when are you going to drop your formal talking?"

Sasha whined, and Josiah chuckled.

"Lady Gracia, what type of business do you want to discuss with me today?"

Josiah replied formally.

Alice just sighed, Josiah was first confused about Irene's whole personality change now has just gone with it.

Or he was maturing, from what she heard, he seems to begin to take his more upper classes about being an Emperor, soon...Irene would start to move in.

In the future, Irene and Josiah are going to take the crown of the current Emperor and Empress.

Irene as an Empress seemed like a magical fairy tale to Alice.

"I want a divorce," Irene said calmly.

Alice drank her tea.

"Pardon?"

Josiah replied with his eyes smiling more than his mouth.

"I want to divorce you, get engaged to Alice instead," Irene's tea cup clanked on the saucer with her eyes without a single thought behind them.

Alice spat out her tea and stood up, "What!"

Sasha stayed quiet but clearly was in shock.

"Is there a specific reason why you want me to marry Alice instead of you, Irene?"

Josiah dropped the formality and asked her.

Irene's eyes did not meet Josiah's when she answered.

"Yes, there is, however, I cannot tell you why."

"Isn't that too cruel Irene?"

Alice reasoned with Irene as Josiah was in a state of shock.

"I have other plans for the future and being an empress was never on the list."

Irene said rather calmly as if the times she spent with Josiah were nothing.

"Did you talk this over with my father and the Grand Duke?"

Josiah asked with his head down, "Well, not yet."

"You are not divorcing me, I refuse it."

Josiah said with fierceness in his eyes.

"I refuse to marry Josiah."

Alice joined in with Josiah.

"I don't like what Irene is saying for the first time," Sasha hinting that she is siding with her brother and Alice.

Irene stared at them, "Okay then," she replied without a single but.

"Alice and Sasha, could you guys leave for a moment so I can speak to MY fiance privately."

The two girls nodded and left the room.

Irene looked at the tea in her cup with the elemental spirits going crazy with comments in her head.

Honestly, what was I thinking?

Irene had hidden her feelings after that night, but she decided to take them seriously now.

The realized how dangerous this situation is going to get, people can die and she fears that.

"What are you thinking, Irene?"

Josiah asked her with his eyes pleading for an answer, he was now nineteen; he was a young adult.

"I am not sure Josiah."