Chapter 76

"Isn't it a bit weird?"

The third brother spoke up, "What do you mean?"

The second brother questioned, "What else? Use your head, the timing, and everything!"

"Oh shut it! Stop overthinking things...it is just a coincidence," the oldest brother reassured.

The other two nodded but were rather unsure.

"Let's just wait for them to identify the body or for her to call back," the second brother said with an awkward smile.

Irene watched them.

"What are you guys talking about?"

Their father asked as they were still in the room, the oldest son gave him worried glances.

"Nothing father, no need to worry, the company well under our hands," the youngest brother said and comforted their father.

Hm? All of the three take control of the company?

"Father? What do you want from breakfast?"

"Same as usual, thank you."

"Alright then."

The second son said with a pleased smile and the three left the room.

This time Irene was debating with she should with the three brothers or wait in this room.

Irene took a sit and decided to wait for them to come back instead of walking.

"Hm...I wonder how she is doing."

Irene's ear perked, "Hah...is it because I am dying..."

He sighs.

Irene felt as if she was invading someone's privacy.

"What have I done?"

And then the man started to sob, Irene regretted that she didn't go with the other three now she has to watch a sick man having a mental meltdown.

The man continued to sob and Irene started to feel sleepy as if the man's cries were a lullaby for Irene.

Irene forced herself awake, the man stopped crying or sobbing after around 10 minutes and the boys still weren't there.

Irene looked around the hospital room with a bored face and she also checked out the news on the TV.

The topic was other another bullying scandal with a K-pop idol.

Irene watched it for a while but stopped once she heard the doorknob open.

"Father? We are coming in with your breakfast!"

She heard a loud voice, seem to be the second brother speaking.

The three boys enter once again.

The family sat and ate breakfast with one another, Irene watched this scene with emptiness in her eyes.

Is it hard to treat your dear daughter/sister like this? Even if, she went all out to get accepted into the family like some university?

Irene thought, also she realized the time she spent here...she couldn't contract any of the elemental spirits.

"Father, are you feeling better?"

The first brother asked.

"No, son. I thought we talked about this, I am on my deathbed."

The father replied coldly.

Irene looked out at them with a bitter face, how cruel.

Now, she is going to wait for that phone call which they will confirm who was the victim, Irene thinks it is her or her old self, Cha-hee.