Chapter 54

Is my house some kind of guest house?

Irene sat down in the living room with the royal siblings and Alice. She slowly drank a sip of tea that her maids brought in earlier for the uninvited guests.

"So I heard your parents died," Sasha said ever-so-casually to Alice, Irene coughed and calmed herself quickly.

"So your parents were murdered right?" Sasha said asking curiously Alice, who was in shock.

Irene spits out her tea, then twist her head towards Sasha. "Sasha! Be nicer and how?" Irene kept it short and simple getting straight to the point.

"Hm, my brother and I are close, when he's stressed about something..." Sasha spoke smiling as Josiah's started to turn red.

"He spilled, but don't worry he only does this around me," Sasha said with a reassuring smile.

"I truly apologize for my little sister's manners and for telling her everything," Josiah said quickly embarrassed.

Irene felt as if her soul left her body, and looked at Alice's reaction. Alice started to giggle, "No no it's fine, and I'm sure Irene and I don't mind it."

Irene just sighed as she rubbed her temples, "I do mind, but I trust Sasha's words that this only happens around her."

Sasha's eyes sparkled, "I haven't seen Irene for so long, you grew taller!" Sasha said as she realized Irene was a bit taller than her.

"Oh thank you, um but could you explain why are you two here?" Irene asked trying to sound as polite as she could.

"We are going to help you solve a murder," Sasha said proudly, Josiah sighed beside his little sister.

"Sasha, like I said it is not easy. The killer managed to escape as soon as they started the office and left no evidence," Josiah spoke in a serious tone.

"It's impossible to not even leave one piece of evidence," Sasha clapped back, "We checked the place! We checked everywhere," Josiah told Sasha.

"Well sometimes experts aren't good at looking careful enough and important a detail left at the scene of the crime," Sasha said to her older brother in a more mature voice.

"Wait wait, actually Sasha...you got a point. I didn't check the room when I arrived there," Irene started to regret her past actions.

I should've checked around.

"You have already seen enough."

Irene looked at Josiah, "Sasha has a point, some things can be overlooked," Josiah said with a hand on his chin.

"Are you suggesting...we should..." Irene said words slowly, and Alice started to catch up.

"You want to see the crime scene again?" Alice said.

All four looked at one another in silence, Josiah's and Irene's eyes met, and he opened his mouth to speak.

"I don't want to trigger any traumatizing events for some, but yes."

Irene looked at him, is he being thoughtful?

Alice took a deep breath, and Sasha stayed quiet.

"Sasha, are you applying for the academy?" Irene asked Sasha changing the heavy topic.

"Maybe, are you?" she asked Irene with excited eyes.

"Yes," Irene replied, "Then I am going to go as well," Sasha spoke once Irene finished.

"M-me too!" Alice stuttered as she spoke.