Chapter 60

Irene's eyes trembled as she realize and quickly reached her hand out as if she thought she could do something to stop it.

But it was too late.

She had forgotten a crucial part when questioning the enemies, learned from Mal.

Before Irene's hand could even come close to the mage, he was already gone.

"Damn it!"

They must be under a magic seal...!

"Hey! What happened...?!"

Irene turned to Ralph, but he stopped talking and grabbed Irene away from the mage's body.

"W-what was that-"

Before Irene could continue to speak, she heard a loud explosion and a huge gust of wind blew around the room.

Ralph hovered above Irene, shielding the girl from the explosion.

Irene's eyes looked towards the spot the mage used to be at and quickly looked away.

"Salamander, burn his remainings...please," Irene gulped in between sentences, the scene was too gruesome.

"Your wish is my command."

Salamander was calm, the elemental spirits were calm about the exploded body remains laying around.

Irene pushed Ralph lightly asking to be let out of his arms, but instead of a response, Ralph collapsed.

"Ralph! No...no, his complexion is horrible!"

Irene frantically touched his face and then observed his pale body, Irene remembered there was another person in the mist.

"How is Trevor?"

Irene asked Sylph, who was closer to Trevor.

"Passed out, around the same complexion as Ralph, but a little better," once Irene heard this, she hurried to call for a medic.

"Robert, Lucas, call for the doctor!"

Irene screamed at the two boys without a second for them to process. Lucas was the fastest one to snap out of the faze.

"I'll call the doctor!"

Robert stood frozen, Irene was too panicked about the situation.

She was taking care of Ralph and Trevor, they seemed to be in pain.

"What kind of poison was it?"

Irene felt as if her world was going to crash any second, someone just exploded and Ralph is in critical condition.

"The doctor is coming!"

Irene can hear voices coming from the outside of the room, Irene's barrier was long gone so was the Grand Duke.

Irene was exhausted as well and dropped to the ground and laid down beside Ralph looking up at the destroyed ceiling.

Irene felt heavy eyelids droop as she struggled to keep her eyes open, somebody had come.

"Looks like I was a little late."

Irene's blurry vision can see a blond hair.

"A bit? You missed everything," Irene said in a lazy tone, half asleep.

"Irene?"

Irene can hear Josiah's words become quieter and quieter as she drifted off to sleep for much-needed energy.

She realized as she closed her eyes, that she had not had a single sleep for the day, and she was using her strength and power to fight for hours.

Irene just simply passed out.