Chapter 45

Irene's face was hot as she recalled what happened, Josiah's voice near her ears suddenly her ears are red.

She took some deep breaths and washed her face.

"That boy!"

Irene swore curses in her head, Undine appeared.

"So...the Crown Prince and yo-" before Undine could even finish Irene gave Undine the dirtiest look.

"Undine, let's not get involved in Irene's love life," Sylph hushed Undine away, "Not you too," Irene complained as she saw Sylph smirk a bit.

Irene sighed and snapped her fingers using the air spirit's powers, creating wind currents to dry herself.

Then Sylph and Undine both disappeared, Irene decided to wrap things up and exit the washroom. Irene walked past and blocked every question as nobles surrounded her.

"Lady Irene!"

"Lady!"

"How do you feel..."

"What are your plans..."

Irene thought of the nobles around her were like news reporters, a bunch of snakes. If she was perhaps going to reply to them, they were most likely twist her words and spread rumors.

Irene learned her lesson before, she even recognized some of these faces, they were at the Crown's Prince ball long ago.

Weren't they the ones talking shit about me?

Irene can see the greediness behind their smiles, she had ignored every one of them. Irene is part of the Grand Duke's family also the Crown Prince's fiancée.

The nobles all thought Irene was power-hungry due to the neglect she faced from her family, but she was nothing like that. She already had a lot of power.

Irene finally made it to the living area with the Grand Duke and Alice, she entered, and as soon as Alice saw her, their eyes met.

"Irene!" she ran towards her.

Irene already knew what she was going to say next.

"I am going to live in the Grand Duke's residence from now on until I am 18!" she told Irene with a bright face while suddenly holding her hands.

Irene lightly smiled and lowered her hands from Alice's, "That's great."

Irene glanced at the Grand Duke and the sons behind Alice, they seem to be in an awkward situation, Irene was confused.

"The best thing is that I asked the Grand Duke to stay at Irene's home!"

You did what.

"We can spend our life together!"

Wait, what.

"Grow up together!"

This isn't supposed to happen...

"Eat together!"

This is...

"Great!"

Irene replied hiding her bitterness, Alice had decided to live with Irene...not the main mansion. That means the whole winning the Grand Duke family's hearts isn't happening.

Alice hugged her as Irene stood there.

What a plot twist!

Irene slowly hugged her as her inner self started to feel warm, I think that's original Irene's loneliness fading...

No more lonely dinners anymore.

"I would love for you to stay in my home," Irene tightly hugged Alice as well, suddenly claps could be heard behind Irene.