Chapter 36

"Irene?"

"Huh? What," Irene responded impolitely, not regaining her polite form fast enough. "Oh pardon me, could you repeat that?" Irene quickly switched up.

Alice hesitated before she spoke, "You were stuck in the same part staring at the same place for some minutes...I was just checking if your alright," Alice said all so careful. Irene smiled, "I'm sorry for making you worry."

"Oh, no worries!" Alice responded like an excited puppy.

Irene smiled and excused herself to use the nearby washroom.

"Please don't make a mess while I'm gone," Irene said then leaving the room before anyone could respond. Irene let out a deep sigh once she shut the door. Walked towards the washroom in a rush.

"Young Miss Irene," someone called for her, Irene turned to meet Ralph's face, "Are you okay?" he asked approaching the young girl slowly.

"Do you have a fever? You know if anything happened to you Elle might murder me..." Ralph said awkwardly, "Yeah, I'm fine I remembered I have training tomorrow," Irene made up excuses for herself.

"Hahaha, I hope I am not going too hard on you...I am the knight Grand Duke personally picked himself..." Ralph started to compliment himself, Irene looked at the fool and quietly stepped away.

Too bad Ralph didn't realize until he was done and Irene was already gone.

What heck of a knight, Irene snorted, then started to smile, Ralph is something.

Irene finally reached the washroom and...

"What in the fuck!" Irene screamed, she was in a state of panic, she had some reason had flashbacks of the novels. Irene looked at her shaking hands.

"Am I accessing Irene's memories now?" she said mumbling, Irene started to put pieces together. Her dreams, and everything, something is wrong with her however it seems to possess some type of power.

Or is it a type of power?

"Undine," Irene called and the water spirit suddenly appeared in front of her, "Sheesh I heard you sw-" before Undine could finish they were grabbed by Irene.

"Eh? What are doing?" Undine said confused in Irene's grip.

"You said you sense something in me by looking into my eyes the first few days went I summoned you," Irene said recalling her memories.

"How did you know I wasn't from this place?"

"Something tells me as I look into your eyes, the rest I shall not say for now, since I am quite unsure about it..."

"Undine, is there more than one person present in here?" Irene asked.

"What do you mean, there are only the 2 of us in this washroom," Undine responded cluelessly.

Irene let go of the spirit and sighed, "No in me," Irene asked.

"In you?" Undine asked, "Yeah," they answered casually.

Irene felt like her world fell, "Why didn't tell me that original Irene was still present in my mind," the distraught child asked.

"Your mental state was bad enough being here, I thought it would be better if you found out yourself," Undine responded calmly.

"I get it now," Irene said quietly.

Irene was involved with the bad ending in the story.

"No wonder sometimes I feel like I have split emotions," Irene said as she thought about her situation, one half of her yearns for their love, another one wants them to disappear. These emotions clashed with one another.

"So she did get revenge..." Irene whispered.

"Well not exactly," Undine answered, "Don't jump to conclusion, and now let's get back," Undine reminded Irene of the time.

"Oh yes, however, Undine I have questions for you after this day," Irene said coldly eyeing the spirit. "Hah, you know your the person who threats me like this," Undine said pitifully.

Irene sighed and told Undine to disappear again, which the pitiful spirit did.

"Irene! Your back!" Alice said excitedly, "Ahaha, what were you doing," Irene said eyeing the place then glancing at the 3 idiots, Irene flamed whenever she looked at them.

If they were non-existence, my life would be so much easier including Mr. "I lost my wife so I want to neglect my daughter and isolate her" guy.

"Me and the Grand Duke's sons were just talking and reading the novels around even though some are complicated," Alice said embarrassed.

"I'm impressed your reading these novels are your age," Trevor said, "Oh Mr. Scholarship, we get it," Irene suddenly said.

"What."

"PFT AHAHAHA"

"..."

"I do...not apologize for saying that," Irene said dead-looking him in the eye, Alice squeaked.

"I remember when you were younger you seemed a bit scared to even look at me," Trevor scoffed.

"Well, I remember when I was younger you guys never bothered me this much," Irene said.

At this point, they were throwing everything to one another.

"Do not fight, it's childish," Robert said stepping in, Lucas just nodded his head energetically.

"You know what's childish? You guys coming here for your own amusement," Irene as she gritted her teeth. The 3 looked at her with a conflicted and shocked look.

"Maybe I am going a bit overboard, but what I am saying is nothing, but the truth," Irene glared at them.

However, this whole conversation was only in Irene's head, she really wanted to say it but hold it in. It would be tiring if it becomes a whole mess.

"I'm honored," Irene responded to Trevor's supposedly compliment to her. Irene looked at Alice and thought about what they should do.

Suddenly an idea hit.

"Alice let's go," Irene said dragging Alice by the arm, "O-oh where are we going?" Alice said flustered by the sudden grab.

"Horseback riding," Irene replied.

"Ooo how nice!" Alice said excitedly. The other 3 stood up getting ready to go with them, Irene thought to herself about how she would do this.

She just figured out something huge, but she decided to push it off for now.

"Ralph, prepare the horses for us when we go there," Irene told him, "Aren't there workers there?" Ralph reminded her.

"Oh yes," Irene totally forgot, she just hired them. Ralph sighed and followed the children.

"Horseback riding sounds not bad," Robert said to himself.

"Ooo I haven't ridden a horse for a week now," Lucas hyped.

"I hate horses," Trevor mumbled.

"Yeah, nothing can could wrong while horseback riding," Irene said to herself innocently.

Well, everything can go wrong whatever Irene does.

Should've not picked up that stupid call.

Irene cursed her family back in her world.

~Author's Note~

Short, not too good, the reason for this I know I have a chapter to post however I wasn't feeling the best today. My body is aching, but I need to post a chapter. Volunteer work isn't enjoyable TT