Chapter 74

"Oh, why are you here?"

Irene asked even though she knew the answer herself.

"I actually don't really know..."

He spoke softly as he let himself in, Irene sat on the couch calmly and held her teacup.

This punk.

"Maybe...I went here to check on you, as I am still a guard,"

Ralph said quietly, Irene looked at him as he aimlessly stood in the middle of nowhere.

"Sit down, I would like to talk to my personal guard."

Irene felt a little hurt he didn't say he was her personal guard but there was nothing she can do.

Ralph looked at his lady with a nervous expression and hesitated to sit down, in the end, he did.

"Haha...so you are going to nag me for calling you fool?"

Ralph laughed awkwardly, and Irene shrugged.

"Maybe you are correct."

Irene said as she stared into her tea.

"A fool thinking you are here to apologize."

Ralph was taken aback, "I...do have to apologize."

Irene looked at Ralph with a pitiful face, "Are you going to leave me too?"

The man's heart ached, he rushed towards Irene and kneeled down.

"I truly apologize for the way I treated you and the way I lied to you, just take me back...I don't want to work under that monster."

Ralph said exhausted, Irene did notice Ralph had darker eye circles due to the work he has been receiving under his wing.

Irene didn't reply.

"My lady, I honestly didn't know how I was supposed to apologize but I promise I am sincere, truly," Ralph said weakly.

Irene smiled and started to laugh, "I didn't know you can be serious with apologies."

Ralph still kneeling looked up at Irene displeased but sighed helplessly, he stood up with a smile.

"So that was an act, being all pitiful to make me apologize first," Ralph asked, Irene, nodded her head in amusement.

"You're cruel..."

Ralph whined.

"That's what you deserve, return and be back tomorrow by 7 am, sharp."

Irene ordered.

"Wow, alright."

Ralph said quickly leaving before exiting from the window, he asked a question to Irene.

"Are you okay?"

Irene smiled, "Of course, I feel good..quite refreshed actually."

Ralph tilts his head in confusion, "Are you sure did not lose your head as you stare into that wall...?"

Irene wanted to punch him in the face, "I beg your pardon? Aren't overusing your stay here?"

Ralph rolled his eyes, "Bye then."

And one swift movement, he disappeared.

Before this incident, the past days, Irene was starting to feel bored and there were no clues or any theories that help to figure out the "master".

After this incident, Irene had seen the master face to face and got more information about what is truly going on.

He is a powerful dark mage who runs a dark magic tower that was banned around 50 or fewer years ago.