Chapter 89

"...You know I can read your thoughts when you are here?"

The god spoke.

Irene looked at the god, "And? Is god offended by this mere comment? I have lots more to say."

Irene's glare intensified, "Okay, young lad' I need you to chill, I haven't met someone this mad before."

She rolled her eyes, "If you were in my position, you would be just as mad."

The god nodded, "So...why did you bring me here?"

Irene eventually calmed down and asked the god the question she had been wondering for the longest.

"You and Irene just were at the wrong place at the same time," the god said, Irene, looked at them confused.

"It is quite complicated," the god looks to the side awkwardly, "Let's say original Irene asked for someone's help..."

She looked at me with a curious expression, "Oh who..? It can't be...she used black magic?"

"Yes, but it was not to switch bodies, it was a poison she requested something painless...to kill herself."

Irene looked at the god with a sad expression, "Oh...then why am I here?"

The god avoided eye contact with Irene, "Well...when she passed, her soul had gotten mixed up with yours, and by that, your soul crashed with hers."

Irene was lost, "How is that even possible? This story is fake right?"

The god still did not give her any eye contact, "Well...multi-verse is a thing," Irene realized.

"Are you saying this is real? This place is real?"

"Yes," the god responded rather quickly, "Are you saying because you, me, and original Irene's souls clashed with each other?"

The god's expression widened, they were in shock; they made eye contact.

"How is it possible my fault that you two's souls were attracted to one another due to each other's sorrows."

Then the god gasped and covered their mouth, Irene lifted one of her eyebrows.

"Did you say something you are not supposed to?"

Irene gave them a smug look.

"Yes...anyways I cannot say anymore, wake up child."

Irene blinked and find herself back in her bedroom.

"Wow, so that's the idiot that did all of this."

The god of death was wearing a white cloth covering his face and body, his skin was quite tan and he was like a statue.

"Lady? Are you awake? You have breakfast with the Grand Duke, he requested more family time."

The maid opened the door a bit, and Irene threw the pillow at the door, forcing it to be shut.

The maid shrieked in surprise, "Tell him, I am skipping...I lost my appetite, hearing his words."

Irene said with a nasty snarl.

"Y-yes, I shall report that to the butler for the Grand Duke to receive, do you want me to repeat exactly what you said?"

"Yes please," Irene said as she flopped back into bed.

"Alright if you request to," the maid said leaving with a smile, she was proud of her lady for standing up for herself.

As Irene mentioned before.

This mansion grew to hate the Grand Duke after taking care of Irene.

"That bastard should honestly leave our lady alone."