Chapter 33

"Oh, Irene! I missed you so much," Alice said happily, as she hugged on to Irene tightly til Irene couldn't breathe.

"Alice, please soften your grip a bit," Irene said in which Alice realized she was hugging her a bit too hard. "Oh my god I'm sorry," Alice said loosening her arms around Irene. Irene quickly fixed the wrinkles on her dress.

"No worries," Irene smiled.

"Ahem," the Count's clearing his throat from the seat he was sitting on the dining table, "Nice to see you, Irene," he said softly, Irene smiled, "Nice to see you again Count," Irene replied.

"You have grown so much," the Countess remarked, her smile was sweet, she was quite beautiful and elegant. "Thank you, Countess," Irene replied. Then Irene's focus turns to the burning gazes at her.

"I greet His Excellency, and young masters," Irene curtsied with a bright smile.

This feels familiar, I did this the first meeting with them, I was disowning them, it's funny how nothing changed these past years, Irene smiled because of this thought.

Irene looked at "her family" there were no reactions, Irene actually did this a bit too often lately they got used to it, it's surprising to Irene how normal it's to them to watch their youngest sibling/daughter greet them that way.

Alice started looking between Irene and the Grand Duke, they had intense eye contact, Alice quickly stepped in.

"I-Irene! Sit beside me!" Alice said dragging Irene to a sit near a chair next to hers. "Oh okay," Irene agreed a bit shocked by the sudden force.

Ralph just followed quietly.

Irene sat down quietly beside Alice, and she looked at the food presented in front of her, damn, here I thought my food was fancy, Irene thought looking at the Grand Duke's food.

She then turned her attention to the Count, he was not looking at the food, it seems like he was having some eye conversation with the Grand Duke right now.

I probably caused this.

It's amusing.

Irene hid her chuckle and quickly had her attention to the food, "Irene! Here's have some cake," Alice said putting the cake on her plate. "Oh, thank you, Alice," Irene did not expect the first she was going to eat out all of this feast will be this...strawberry shortcake.

"Alice here," Irene said putting a slice of chocolate cake to her plate which Alice's eyes flared with happiness. The Countess looked at the two and laughed quietly, "You two seem to be cute friends," she said.

"Mother, me, and Irene sent letters to one another often," Alice talked to her mother, Irene watched the two. Laughing and talked even giving caring pats to her daughter.

Irene shook her head, it's not time to think about depressing thoughts.

But it's quite funny how I didn't have a mom in my past life and here...haha...funny right?

Irene looked down at her cake, and then realizes something, why have they been so quiet?

She then looked across her, and there she sees the three sons of the Grand Duke, eating peacefully.

Oh, they learned to shut their mouth, how good.

Irene actually slowly pities these boys, they had to grow up with a dad like the Grand Duke, and also they lost their mother.

Irene soon begins to realize after living here, that the Grand Duke was the main reason for the problems around Irene's life.

Irene stabbed her cake, stupid Grand Duke!

She cursed him inside her head.

Later on, the dinner had more conversations, the Count and Grand Duke started to actually talk and Alice non-stopped talking to Irene. The Countess had a small chat with the 3 sons.

It was boring.

Irene had a full stomach, she wonders what she will do after this dinner, Irene excused herself from the table to use the washroom. Then realized, "Um, excuse me, Mr. Butler, where's the washroom?" she asked.

The last time she went to the Grand Duke's mansion was quite a long ago, she gets lost often. Silence took over the room.

"Oh, of course, My Lady," he responded quickly ordering one maid to lead the way for Irene which Irene thanked them.

And left the dining room without starting anything.

Irene smiled after leaving the room. The maid was quick with her feet then lead her quickly to the washroom.

She went in and closed the door, and started to laugh. "The Count's is not letting go about this with the Grand Duke, I just know it," Irene started to mumble to herself. Since the Count's family is the only sane people here.

It's not reasonable to leave a daughter by herself due to selfish reasons.

The Count was on Irene's side for sure.

Irene quickly did her business in the washroom and walked her way back to the dining room due to the maid just leaving her after that.

Irene understands why the maid left her. Her order was to bring her to the washroom not back and she was not her master. No one working here is on her side.

Irene sighed as she walked back, thankfully she knew that was going to happen, so she carefully remembered her surroundings while walking here. She was well-aware.

She then quickly made it back to the room. The servants saw her and opened the door for her, Irene really wished she didn't have to go back here.

"Oh Irene, welcome back!" Alice said happily, then Alice looked around her, "Where was the maid with you?" the brown-haired girl asked. "She left after leading me to the washroom," Irene replied ever so causally.

"Oh...why would she do that, you don't know where places are..." Alice huffed, she seemed a bit angry, then the Count's eyebrow twitched.

"Oh no, I remembered where I was going, no need to worry," Irene said walking past the maid that was leading her, looks like she returned earlier without getting noticed. Irene smiled, and whispered, "I will remember you," which then the maid smirking face faded.

That maid was rude, she didn't even seem to be happy when she was told to just lead a girl to a washroom. Irene walked past her like it was nothing and sat beside Alice once again.

The breakfast ended afterward.

"Irene, what should we do?" Alice asked, "I don't know, do you perhaps want to visit my home?" the white-haired girl asked.

"Irene's home? Sure!" Alice asked innocently. The Count's and Countess's smiles twitched a bit. "Honey, go to Irene's home okay? I and your father will stay here for a chat," the Countess said.

"Oh yay, thank you, mother!" Alice said hugging her before getting up with Irene. "Ralph, let's return," Irene said.

"Hold a minute, I'm coming too," Lucas suddenly talked, "What?" Irene's smile faded, "What? Am I not allowed to visit?" Lucas asked all fired up, "Not at all." Irene gritted her teeth. Robert sighed, "I will also be coming, you two are not a pair to be let alone," he also said.

"I also want to come, I have nothing else to do anyway," Trevor said truthfully.

"Oh how great!" Irene said happily.

Fucking god.

~Author's Note~

The audacity of the maid, she needs to be humbled, see you guys in the next chapter!