Chapter 24

"I- what do you mean?" the pale man said as he tries to regain his composure, then the more the man freaked out or try to stay calm, people started to look.

To people it seemed like Irene was abusing her power and tormenting a poor man, Irene hated misunderstandings. She hated it really much.

"Hah..." Irene sighed as she walked behind the man and kicked the box, the little hairpins started to spill out as each one of them marked as 10 coins.

"10 coins are pretty expensive...for some people." Irene said as she looked at the man trembling, "However, are you trying to con the Grand Duke's daughter?"

The man who was on the ground looked up, "The G-Grand Duke's daughter?" his voice unstable.

"Are you dumb?" someone said, Irene, did not say that Ralph walked up, "Who else has white hair with blue eyes in the noble society," he said.

"Miss seems like this man did not have a proper education," Elle said next, Irene nodded "Some people cannot afford education, this world is unfair, your either born lucky or unlucky either way horrible or good events will always come," Irene added. The silence in the crowd was loud.

That was out of no where, Irene thought as she looked at the "unlucky" man.

"Why suddenly so wise, Lady?" Ralph said jokingly, ruining the moment, "You...are fired, Taylor is my personal guard now," Irene responded. "Wait wha-," Irene ignored the whining man behind her.

"Who here bought this hairpin from this man," Irene held up the hairpin and screamed as loud as she could, people started to appear and realized the situation.

They were scammed.

The man sat there hopelessly, as people around him were asking for refunds, some with status, threatening him.

The situation dialed down and the man was taken by authorities or guards, Irene sent Mal to deal with that, she and Alice are at a dessert shop.

Seems like the whole man's life is ruined...well it isn't Irene's problem anyways.

"Alice, why are you crying?" Irene sighed as she enjoyed her crepe.

"W-what you said, I-I was born lucky wasn't I?" Alice said as her tears bubbled up.

You sure are.

Your father died.

You were mocked.

"But like I said no matter how lucky you can get, horrible events can come including the good ones, just like those who are unlucky," Irene said as she was trying to comfort Alice without realizing.

"Sniff...sniff...Irene...your so nice, I wish you were my sister," Alice said as she wiped her eyes.

"Be careful what you wish for," Irene said quietly, Alice looked into Irene's eyes, "Nothing."

They enjoyed the desserts with laughs and giggles...for sure.

"Today was fun," Alice said as she walked towards the fountain in the middle of the plaza, Irene sighed as she walked with her wind blowing, this is really a novel.

"The fireworks are pretty," Irene said, "What firewor-" Alice was confused then was interrupted by a loud noise, it was fireworks.

"Wow, are you some kind of psychic?" Alice said as she turned to face Irene, "No, just a reader," Alice not realizing what she said as she admired the beautiful fireworks upon them. Luckily nobody heard her.

Irene looked at the excited girl beside her, smiling brightly. Irene looked at the night sky with fireworks that seemed unreal made by alchemy. It was really pretty.

But am I having fun?

Irene shook her head and nodded, why is she suddenly being so depressed all of sudden? Is she afraid of the events in the future, she knows, she has a feeling.

The Count's death was not an accident.

But that was another thought for another day. Irene smiled softly as she looked up at the bright sky with relaxed eyes.

"I was worried," Elle confessed as she looked at the two young ladies afar, Ralph looked down at Elle, "But maybe she's doing alright now," Elle said softly.

Now if you were in Ralph's position, you see beautiful dirty blond hair flowing through the soft breeze, with soft golden eyes shining. You might fall in love too. 

Ralph's face had a soft blush as he looked at the woman beside him, "Ralph?" Elle asked, "Yup, yup, I completely agree." Ralph responded.

"And you look good with your hair down," he said walking away, to of a coward to see her reaction.

Elle's face gotten a bit hot, started to calm herself down, Roxy slipped beside her, "You and Ralph, I see you two," she snickered. Elle elbowed her on her side stomach right after, Roxy winces in pain.

"We are not together," Elle said with her stern voice, "Who said you were," Roxy said as she shrugged.

The festival started off ruff, but they had fun. Mal also had fun as she tormenting the man.

"Welcome home Misses," they were greeted by workers, they have arrived home late, but really it was 9 pm, but for 8 years old's, it is and it was dark out.

"We had dinner, we are going to bed." Irene said languidly, "I am so tired," Alice said as she yawned.

Their wishes were granted of course.

"Goodnight lady," Elle said softly as she closed the door.

"Mhm..." Irene murmured.

The next day, they were preparing to go back home, Irene was super excited while Alice on the other hand...is very depressed.

"Why do you have to goo?" she whined as tears formed in her eyes, Irene looked at this sight and thought of the princess, they seem similar sometimes.

"I will write letters," Irene responded, feeling weird as she said the same thing to the princess. 

After 10 minutes they finally go their separate ways.

"Finally going home, I miss Sofia and everyone in the mansion so much!" Irene said as soon she sat down in the carriage. Ralph, Elle, Roxy, and Mal nodded in agreement.

The trip took the exact same time as last time breaks here and there and finally arrived at the Grand Duke's estate.

"Elle, you can bring in the things if you want, I am going to bed," Irene announced as she yawned, they arrived home at night time.

Irene was dazed and didn't remember even being in her pajamas.

"I am going to summon Undine," Irene said to herself murmuring her words.

She actually slept soundly that night.

~Author's Notes~

Guess who's back, yup a new chapter, it sucks but it's something, I think a time skip is about to come. BUT LIKE YALL HAVE YOU SEEN HOW HOT CALE IS???? Just school being school, and tests being tests.

- ANMU