Chapter 5

Grand Duke...

Young masters...

Echoed in their heads, did she just call us that?

The sons of the Grand Duke were fazed until their father spoke interrupting their thoughts.

"You may sit," his cold voice responded to Irene.

As calm as the Grand Duke looked, he had some things going on in his own head.

The Grand Duke, Elijah was thinking these exact words, 'She looks like her mother, but her eyes are much colder'

The eldest brother, Robert wondered about one question, 'Why is her face expressing such displeasure? '

The second brother, Lucas was in disbelief, 'Young masters? Surprising...and her eyes.'

The third brother, Trevor sat there silently looking directly at her, 'She doesn't want to be here, her face shows such hatred.'

Back to 1ST POV

"You may sit," said the Grand Duke said to me.

Oh wow, I feel so welcomed.

I had to lower my urge to roll my eyes, just hearing his voice.

It pisses me off.

"Thank you," I responded.

I sat down on one of the couches that were across from the brothers.

The Grand Duke was sitting on a single chair that was in between and in front of two other long couches which were the color blue leather.

The coffee table is quite large; it was in the middle of all the couches with teas and desserts all setup.

We've been sitting here silently for almost five minutes, I thought as I drank a cup of tea.

They are basically having a family meeting, but no one can make up a topic to discuss.

They are true shitheads.

I looked around admiring the shiny objects around me.

I wonder how much money I can make if I sell all of this, I held a smile thinking about money.

"Lady Irene, is there something wrong?" I heard a familiar voice, a voice that I want to punch.

I looked up to see Sir Ralph grinning, I looked at him with a 'do you think you're funny doing that?' face.

"No, there isn't," I replied sternly.

"Lady, are you sure? You seemed curious about the interior design of this estate," he remarked as he saw me looking around before.

There goes the silence.

Now all eyes were on me.

"Ralph, I appreciate your thought, but you are over-reading things...per usual," I felt my smile twitch after saying that.

"Do you bicker like that quite often?" asked Robert.

"What else do you think we were doing?"

I talked back, and Robert's eyebrow twitched.

"Your tongue is quite sharp for a six-year-old," he says smiling.

Oh fuck you, I smiled in response.

Lucas sneered, "Imagine fighting with a child," he says mocking Robert.

The Grand Duke was reading his newspaper, ignoring the situation.