Chapter 87

Irene looked at these three letters and wondered which one she should read first.

"Elle always has good news right?"

Irene hesitated before grabbing the letter and slowly used the cutter to rip the letter open.

She pulls out the paper inside ridiculously slow with her eyes squinted until the point she couldn't see the letter.

When fully out, she slowly opened the folded letter.

[Dear Lady Irene,]

[Come home, someone is here claiming to be the blood of the Grand Duke.]

[LOVE, ELLE]

Irene stared out the letter in shock, this was not what she had in mind.

Who will send a dummy claiming to be me? I am me. Who--wait a minute, that fucking mage.

"Shit, no way they would believe it, right?"

Irene then quickly realized why all three of their letters were sent to her.

She opened Josiah's next.

[Irene, come back to your residence now. A child is claiming to be part of the Grand Duke's blood and he seems to be considering. Hurry.]

Josiah's letter was short without an introduction or sign-off, it seemed panicked.

Irene felt sweat coming down; she was nervous about the next letter, the Grand Duke's.

She reached out for Trevor's letter.

[Irene, you need to return and put that bitch in her place! She is moving in! That father is letting her in!? I only want one sister, not two.]

Now that's panicking--there is no way that could be the mage's doing, he is spending too much time being Darius!

Irene felt her world spinning, now Grand Duke's letter is going to be the worst.

She opened this letter faster than all letters compared.

[Dear Irene Gracia,]

[You have been invited back home to greet your new relative of your deceased relative. The academy has been contacted and a carriage will be waiting for you at 7 am sharp. Lady Alice is not required to return.]

[Signed by, the Grand Duke]

Irene sighed and laid her head down on her desk.

"Looks like I have to go home now."

She looked out of her window, the moon was in the new moon phase which means bad luck.

Irene thought hard about why did this sudden happen, it was not in the original story.

Was it because I changed the story and now the story itself is trying to fix it up? Is that even possible...

Irene nodded, she learned in this novel; nothing is impossible.

The problem is breaking the news to Alice, Irene worries about this part because she knows Alice will want to go home as well with Irene.

However, Grand Duke's orders...

Irene felt her eyelids heavy.

"It's been a long day, I should sleep to prepare for tomorrow."

Irene yawned and stretched as she walked to her bed.