Chapter 28

"The Crown Prince's banquet is tonight, I will be attending with Mal and Ralph," Irene told Elle and Roxy, "Again, Mal looks like you won..." Roxy said sadly, she really wanted to go to the banquet too.

Elle smiled, Irene knew Elle did not like going to any of these social events.

"Aw, lady you brought me," Ralph said touched, "I had no choice, it was an order to bring a personal knight," Irene sighed, "Awh, I know you just wanted to bring me," Ralph flattered himself.

"Think what you want to think," Irene responded.

"Roxy, sorry I couldn't bring you again, I promise I will make it up," Irene held Roxy's hands as she spoke. "Okay!" Roxy brightened, Irene smiled.

"Call the maids, it's time to get ready," Irene ordered to Elle, to which she nodded and ensemble a couple of maids.

This was the first banquet Irene will attend and also the first to attend with them. Irene will be going with the Grand Duke and his sons.

Irene was informed this just yesterday, Irene was shocked to hear the news and afterward went to her room and did what every normal adults do, or kids, scream in her pillow.

Irene sighed just from thinking about it, she was so glad when Lucas stopped bothering her, every time she sees their faces, she wants to throw up. Why were they acting so differently? To her, they are just background characters.

The white-haired felt a headache creep up, however, this poor child does not know what was going down next.

Irene was dizzy as the maid pulled her around, sometimes she doesn't even know how did she end up in this part of the room. Irene just found out how stressful it is to prepare for a banquet. She felt as if her world was spinning.

"It's done!" one maid cheered, the rest sighed from tiredness others looks excited and happy. "How do you feel about your dress Young Lady Irene," Elle said gracefully as she put her hands on the white-haired shoulder.

"It's...really nice," Irene said mesmerized.

Irene had her hair styled in a French braid crown, showing the length of the girl's hair, having golden clips in front of her hair, clipping onto those baby hairs. Not only that her dress.

It was ordered by the Grand Duke.

It was white, it was laced and everything, it had a neck covering, and the outline of the top of the dress was jeweled not only the sleeves were huge and spacey also see-through resembling a coat. The dress itself had a good amount of frills. Petals pattern on the dress.

"Wow, you look beautiful," the maids complimented Irene saying "Oh the Grand Duke has a great eye," or "He must love you."

Irene looked at herself, the dress was indeed beautiful, "The Grand Duke, please," the girl laughed, "Don't flatter him too much, you will second think what you said after reading the note that came with this," Irene said.

The maids whispered and looked at the girl with pity, so did Elle. She was quite pitiful.

This dress was indeed beautiful and disgusting.

"I wonder how much I can make after selling this," Irene moved around with her dress, spinning with joy, the maids were shocked.

"Your joking right, Lady Irene?" Elle said worriedly.

"Maybe."

"Now now, I need to go, thank you," Irene said walking towards the door. Greeted by Ralph who was wearing his formal uniform, he sure looked somewhat presentable. "Hiya, M'lady" Ralph greeted, "Wow you look pretty today," he complimented.

"Thank you," Irene said as Ralph guided her, "You should look like this more often," Ralph snickered, "Well thank- wait, you!" Irene glared.

"Where's Mal?" Irene asked looking behind Ralph, "Oh she's waiting in the carriage," Ralph explained, "His Excellency requested you to ride a separate carriage then them, and...oh," his voice went quieter.

"Oh really? That's great, the carriage rides with them is nothing but awkward," Irene said cheering, "Mal must be waiting for a long time, let's pick up the pace, I want to see her wearing her dress," Irene told Ralph.

"Yes, of course, M'lady," he smiled awkwardly.

Irene and Ralph had a quiet walk and finally arrived at the carriage.

"Mal!" Irene called out once she arrived at the carriage, "Oh I knew it, it looks wonderful!" Irene squealed, "Thank you," Mal replied.

"Ralph, we are ready to go," Irene said, "Yes, M'lady," Ralph bowed, "Wow you are polite when you have to be," Irene laughed. Ralph then shrugged it aside and told the horsemen to prepare for traveling.

Irene sat down and the carriage started moving.

Mal had her hair let down, it was simple, however, her dress. It was actually more like a pantsuit, it had the design of a dress however it was covering its true identity. It was naturally a red colour with roses along with the dress following its flow.

"This is the type of dress you prefer, am I correct?" Irene asked.

"Yes, I feel honored," Mal replied, Mal, looked at her for a moment, "You look nice yourself, Lady Irene," she said. "Thank you."

Irene was now taking every compliment about her dress as an empty compliment. She really hated it. She was annoyed, however, her being annoyed was not going to solve anything about the Grand Duke.

"Are you alright, Lady Irene?" Mal suddenly asked, "Me, why? I'm always fine," Irene replied confused, "Oh then...it's nothing," she quickly shut down the conversation.

"If you're worried about me being depressed about not being in the same carriage as the Grand Duke and his sons?" Irene asked, "Why will I be sad about that? I love sitting with you rather than them," Irene explained with a smile.

"I'm glad then, Lady Irene," Mal said.

The girls then talked during the whole carriage ride.

"We are here, Lady Irene," Ralph opened the door, Irene looked out to see blazing lights on the banquet, she was impressed, she stepped out and waved bye to Mal.

Mal is going in as a servant plus one, in which she entering somewhere else, the servants brought here are also guests.

"I shall bring you to His Excellency and the Young Masters," Ralph said.

"Woo, yay!" Irene said sarcastically.

"I see you came here prepared, you are wearing the dress" his cold voice spoke, "Yes, of course, this is the Crown Prince's banquet, after all, the dress you picked was quite...nice," Irene responded with the same tone was her father.

Irene, later on, build up guts talking to her family after visiting the Grand Duke from time to time. She was not the scared girl in the first meeting.

"Don't embarrass the family name, just stay quiet until you are told to speak," the Grand Duke spoke staring down at the girl.

"I know, I read those exact words from your letter, your excellency," Irene replied.

"...good then," he said ending the conversation, "Let's go," he said, Irene followed him as she put on her smile. She has been practicing.

Irene looked at the three sons, of course, they were handsome and dressed up all like a prince. She was happy none of them spoke a word, however, they did stare at her intensely during the conversation.

"I will be on my best behavior for your expectations." Irene's eyes flared as she looked at her father's back.

Well, isn't this going to be shitty.

~Author's Note~

Urgh, I hate this man, I made him so horrible. Next chapter tmr, enjoy! Grammar mistakes are present. I am sad I couldn't waste any of my resins from Genshin today, I had assignments and a chapter to post :(